Operating an IFV?

I am thinking of enlisting but would love to be a crewman and operate an IFV. However, upon searching the UK army website I can not see to find a job which operates an IFV. So the question is what do I need to do to become a crewman and operate an IFV?

Join an Infantry Regiment which operates out of Warrior or Ajax.

This used to be referred to as Armoured Infantry, but may have changed.

Alternatively look at the Household Cavalry who operate scimitars. (Reconnaissance).

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Join an Infantry Regiment which operates out of Warrior or Ajax.

This used to be referred to as Armoured Infantry, but may have changed.

Alternatively look at the Household Cavalry who operate scimitars. (Reconnaissance).
We're moving to Ajax too, hence the relocation to Tidworth.

Something 'off' about your opening post: in those 3 sentences, we have 'operate an IFV' 3 times-never, in nearly 30 years of service, have I ever seen that wording as a job description for working with 'A' vehicles.

Likewise the use of 'UK Army': 'British Army' or simply 'the Army'. But 'UK Army'? Nah.

Something 'off' about your opening post: in those 3 sentences, we have 'operate an IFV' 3 times-never, in nearly 30 years of service, have I ever seen that wording as a job description for working with 'A' vehicles.

Likewise the use of 'UK Army': 'British Army' or simply 'the Army'. But 'UK Army'? Nah.
Yeah but you're an old fart, youf today don't talk proper like what they oughter.

Well done you, you Wiley old spy catcher :roll:

Latest Threads