Opera - The Magic Flute

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by seenmybaseball, Jan 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone out there seen The Magic Flute by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?

If so what do you think of it? Also, do you know of any good websites that give a good description about all the characters?

Cheers

2. The Pittsburgh Opera did a production of it almost two years ago with their junior company, the Opera Theatre of Pittsburgh, and it is easily one of the more approachable and accessible of Mozart's Operas.

It generally runs under three hours, including an intermission or two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_flute

3. It's lovely. But why do you ask this question on here?

If you're interested in freemasonry contact the Grand Lodge.

4. Grand Lodge? What's that? I'm just trying to find out about the characters

5. Try here for character info: CLICKY

Edit to add, it's a beautiful, light and quite humorous opera - I love it.

6. Thanks. That was very useful. Hopefully I will enjoy the performance, as I'm going to see it in a few weeks time.

7. My bird is in The Welsh National Opera, saw the prodution last year in the Millenium Centre, I wonder what dope he was on when he wrote it as it is as wierd as fook, monsters, flying little boys heads sticking out of the floor, the stuff of nightmares

8. Whilst I don't doubt that Mozart was on some mind-altering substances at the time he wrote it, he cannot be held responsible for that production - you should be questioning the soberness and sanity of the artistic director if it really was as weird as you say. I've seen several productions (amateur and professional) and I've not seen anything like you describe! 8O

smb: glad to have been of help - I hope that you do enjoy it - let us know!

9. Oh come on, monsters in the woods, strange geezers in temples and the tw boys who keep turning uo for some unknown reason very strange

10. Google is your friend

11. It's called "fiction" tropper :wink: . Mozart composed the music for this opera. He didn't write the story or the libretto.

12. Still thin it's to many mushrooms