Opening a Bank Account in Phase 2

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by commonwealthsoldier, Jun 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone tried opening a bank account whilst in Phase 2? I already have a UK bank account but I want to open another one as soon as I pass Phase 1. The problem banks have a tendency to ask for an address and proof of residence at that address before they open an account. Will the bank recognise the address of the Phase 2 establishment?

Advice greatly appreciated gents (and ladies)!

PS: I would ask the bank but I am currently out of the country and will not be back for a while yet. I am trying to plan things in advance.
  2. Commonwealth Soldier

You can open an Abbey bank account with Forces Financial without proof of residency whilst in Phase 1 and Phase 2 training. A Forces Financial advisor can take care of the paperwork for you, and will approach your Unit for Confirmation of your Army Service, which serves as proof of residency.

If you would like to send me a pm with your contact details and location one of our advisors could give you a call to discuss this further.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL. Forces Financial is an agent for Abbey National plc.
  3. Thanks. I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to contact any of your advisers at the moment, but I will keep Abbey in mind when I am in a position to do so.

4. Holts Bank in Farnborough will also open you an account over the phone. They are a Military Banking Agent, and part of the Royal Bank of Scotland.

They also run most of the Central Bank's within the Army so are well used to dealing with the military systems.

Best of luck