OPEN PLAN OFFICES - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Norfolknchance, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IMHO, there 2 ways to look at this. If you want a chat to staff or the boss wants to tell you your future, then open plan offices are not a good thing.

On the other hand though, I'm currently looking directly up the skirt of a 22 year old bint. She's about 5'5" tall, slim with a gorgeous smile and today is wearing white pants. She has the habit of turning away from the modesty panel so prevalent in modern desks and who am I to complain? This gives me an uninterrupted view of her knees and thighs.

Am I wrong in allowing her to continue flashing the gash?

2. Couldn't possibly make any comment unless you have some photographic evidence. Which will hopefully be forthcoming?

3. You are wrong for not trying to take a sly photo on your phone and for not posting said photo on here ;)

4. I consider it your duty Sir to take the said photographic evidence and post it on here for the visual pleasure of all.

5. The photo taking could have serious complications (only cause I am not in an open plan office and have a blacked out window on my door with no lock) go on that man.

Photo please!!

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have a private -and very discreet - office too, located well away from the madding crowd, and it makes for a pleasant, if quiet life. What I lack in company is made up by my tv, video/dvd player, stereo, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and easy chair. But it's not all easy. I have to spend time at my desk too.

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm against them myself. Every tw@t and his dog can walk past and see you playing reversi or checking out the latest hot-or-not gash. It's OK if your part of the open plan bit has your screen facing the back wall, but otherwise not.

Multiple occupancy offices on the other hand would still allow some perving, but with included privacy from the masses.

8. There is definately Pro's and Con's, I wouldn't be able to spend all day on Arrse if I was in a shared office. I wouldn't be able to spend time on Ebay.

Con's are I miss on out the Gossip and who is shagging who etc. I also miss out sometimes on the afternoon cake run (I like cake).

Another Pro is I don't always get dragged into the typical office politics.

Before I had my own office I had to share an open plan office with an absolute twa t once who got offended when you spoke above a certain level and didnt like the radio or any noise.

Luckily now I am in my own office I can have the Radio on all day and make what ever noise I like without fear of the glare.

9. I'm lucky in that despite being in Open Plan the only person that can see my screen is my opposite number who's just resigned his commission and isn't really bothered.

Open plan dosen't bother me as I'm not important enough to have my own office anyway. Now I just need some of those fit birds to work near me...

10. I work in an open plan office and get to spend all shift on here, the powers that be have just resigned theirselves to the fact that they won't get any work done otherwise.

11. I worked in an open plan office once. The pr*t in the next bay spoke so loud on the phone that I knew more about his job than I did about my own. Most distracting. BTW there were no fit birds.

12. Open plan - good for leching, bad for having a discreet "Gentlemans adjustment" of the old tackle as i informed the Magistrates.

13. Unfortunately, I'm in a place which doesn't allow cameras or mobiles. If someone allowed me crayons, I could draw a picture for you!

14. Yeah, alright then, as long as it looks realistic.

15. Don't you have a 'paint' programme on your PC? lets see your creative side!