Open Engagement & S Type

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by TangoZeroAlpha, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So where can I find out all about these?

Specifically... on the Open Engagement (OE) are there signing back on bounties/times? I.e. 5, 8 & 12 years. Are there signing on bounties at these points available?

What has happened about the MCP at the 12 year point. Is it still applicable?

Is there an AGAI or other documents which give this info?

Needed for pal.

TZA

2. Have you tried the Army website. All of this information should be there.

The Open Engagement is just that. Sign on and serve until you hand in your notice (12 months). The bounties come and go at the whim of AG. Don't bank on them until they are in the bank! I think there is one at the 8 year point, but don't quote me.

After all the fuss, I haven't heard of anyone receiving the brown envelope (other than the poor bloody infantry) for a while, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Litotes

3. Wait out on this one - could be all changing 1st Jan 07 with versatile engagement. The 3,6,9,12 year contracts probably gonna disapear. Replaced by 12, 24, 35 years - to complete a full career at 55 years of age - similar to the RAF.
    So expect selected personnel nearing their 22 year point next Jan to be dangled a carrott of an extra 2 years to take them to the newly alloted 24 years, anybody with less service - 12 years is the earliest departure point. Probably!!? Think there will be an Army Briefing note disseminated in the near future.

4. MCP was stopped in April 2002, after all the fuss :plotting: and has never been used since. :thumright: