Op VALKYRIE 2

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pombsen-armchair-warrior, Feb 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There has been much media reporting of late, of perceived 'ist' incidents. These include, but are not limited to, those minor issues involving Princes' Harry and Charles, Carol Thatcher, and the nurse Caroline Petrie.

Much of the frenzy has been whipped up due to the plethora of unwitting, witless, or just plain malicious lime-suckers that nowadays feel it is their duty to report anything inappropriate to the 'State' or its equally obnoxious apparatus.

The effect of this is that personal trust and human relationships are being irreversibly damaged, as it is now almost impossible to speak about a subject without some dullard regarding it as inappropriate, offensive, or potentially offensive.

Is it now time to replicate the system used in VALKYRIE, where cards identifying those who could be trusted were designed and introduced? The reverse of the card could also incorporate a design, perhaps a pair of cancerous and gigantic ears, superimposed upon an effigy of Richard Brunstrom, Ian Blair or Trevor Phillips, that could be shown immediately there was a suspicion of an enemy in the vicinity. This would instantly eliminate much of the danger of lime-sucker eavesdropping, and ensure that normal human beings could enjoy again normal human conversation.

Just a thought.

2. Flash cards for sanity?

What would be the punishment for not carrying yours and who would decide who gets one?

Black balling or some other way of choosing?

3. I have already got a chit that shows l am not clinically insane.

4. Or we could just ignore everything and have a coup.

Seriously, the politicians have made such a mess of our glorious nation that is surely time for the last bastion of patriotism, the Forces, to have a decent crack at running the country.

To be fair, when Dickie Dannat retires, find me a man who knows remotely anything about him who wouldn't vote for him.

Anyway, too much beer. Night all!

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Where can one acquire such a document and how much would they be expected to pay?

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

What a sadly dceptive thread title. I was hoping that someone had volunteered to take one for the team, and bring a fun-packed briefcase into 10 Downing Street one day. I bet they don't build conference tables now like they used to.......

Come to thinkof it, if Jade Goody wishes to rehabilitate herself with the public, that's a very good way for her to do it. Abuse of her - on this site at least - would stop pretty instantly, I would think.

7. Such sought after documentation is not easy to procure. However, a very nice man in a white coat from the Harmy issued mine ,but only after an exhaustive battery of tests involving wires, electrodes ,buzzers and flashing lights.
    I also beat him handsomely in a game of word association ,which l think was the clincher.

It is now framed and sits proudly on my mantelpiece.

8. hmm he has a point, we need some kind of card that would identify us...some card that has proof of our identity...

And I thought this was about a plan to kill Tom Cruise.

9. -----perhaps an ARRSE Card. Perhaps Good CO could set something up.

10. Its like trying to fuck a brick wall in here sometimes... :roll:

11. I know - its a bit like shooting fish in a barrel isn't it.

12. You're just saying random words now, aren't you?