Op Tour/ TA desk officer?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by anonemmoos, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone point me in the right direction to find the number for the desk officer in charge of the mobilisation of TA officers? Is it on Armynet? Not presently got access to DII...

if some wonderful human being can PM me with it...

Thanks in advance. :)
  2. msr

msr LE

Speak to your PSAO or Adjt.

3. i knew that would be the answer...i'll refrain from commenting on those individuals. (one is'nt interested, and the other is retiring soon and is'nt interested)

I fear, alas, i can sort it out for myself.
  4. The fountain of all knowledge (ARRSE) comes through again.

Cheers WC
  5. msr

msr LE

Why is your chain of command not supporting you in your application?

6. msr,

I would like to vouch for wee_mark931 and empathise with his predicament.

I know of a number of Officers who have requested this information from their respective CoC and had nothing back, resorting to other means such as that above.

One was told by his Adjt (about 2 years ago) for months that there were NO jobs at all, only to make a call to someone like Maj Morris and fly out to Basrah a few weeks later.

I blame lazy/useless/(insert choice phrase) Regulars/NRPS in TA Bns.
  7. Have had dealings with this guy,found him very helpfull, well worth a phone call,
    Be advised that you will still need to go through your unit, however if you can go to them armed with knowledge and save them the legwork it provoke a different respose.
    Good luck and remember, "The door to success is marked PUSH!"
  8. Not just a problem for officers, I was in a similar situation and was being told there was no vacancies etc etc! So i sent an email to the PSAO which without being a shitogram made everthing a bit more formal, The key phrase at the bottom was: "please can any correspondence in relation to this e-mail be in either written or e-mail format so as to be recordable"

2 Weeks later i was at chilwell :D

In short put it writing and make sure they know that your keeping a reccord of everything.
  9. This is also a problem for SNCOs.
  10. I wonder if this explains why the NRPS contract was changed from job for life to 5 year tenure then review. I think so.

Well done Major Morris.

We had a comedy moment when someone being messed around on mobilisation rang Chilwell direct; when told to use the COC by the Unit he replied "why is the Chilwell number freefone 0800 then"!
  11. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Maj M is a very, very sensible and helpful chap indeed. His job is to fill Posts, and if you are keen, he will try to find something for you.

Best of luck!