Op Tosca

HVM_Boy said:
Anyone know who is taking over from 32 Sigs as the next lead unit?

Will Op TOSCA contine to be a TA led tour?

HVM
I believe the Winter tour will be TA led and the Summer tour regular.

msr

HVM_Boy said:
Anyone know who is taking over from 32 Sigs as the next lead unit?

Will Op TOSCA contine to be a TA led tour?

HVM
I heard it will be Regs again

Still dry. But for those of you who have been before Lucky is still going strong!

RP578 said:
40 Sig Regt will tour there in April 2010.

Interesting..... But I had heard someone else had been warned off

What Bde is 40 Sig part of???

If you're going, MFR is the job to have. Based at UNPA, multinational unit, swimming pool and piza place a stones throw from the accommodation, which will probably be a single room. Cover all 3 Sectors not just Sector 2, although you still have to stag on the gate. Mind you at least you don't have to salute UN helicopters anymore!

uqfegd

pp

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
easesprings said:
RP578 said:
40 Sig Regt will tour there in April 2010.

Interesting..... But I had heard someone else had been warned off
I't's what they've posted on their open website leastways:

40 Sig Regt (V)

40th (Ulster) Signal Regiment is an exciting and active unit, with an important primary role supporting military commanders with Information and Communications Services (ICS) in the event of a civil contingency. This requires us to keep a range of people and equipment available to deploy at short notice, and relies upon TA soldiers being prepared to react to an emergency call at short notice. The Regiment continues to supply a small number of personnel as Individual Reinforcements to the ongoing operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo. In April 2010, up to 120 members of the Regiment will deploy to Cyprus for a six month tour, ‘holding the line’ as part of the United Nations contingent there. While there is currently no compulsory deployment of TA soldiers to operations (and if you are in full-time education, you cannot be compulsorily mobilised), if you are considering joining the Regiment, we would normally expect you to volunteer for an operational tour within five years of doing so.

Just a quick note on the subject, i believe 40 sigs are finding it a bit tight to fill all the slots if anyone is interested in chasing it up.

Mongoose said:
We've got three on it, they leave for Nescliffe tomorrow..I think its a few days down there then Chilwell on the 4th? Set of jokers! I've got no-one to drink with in the mess now next year except the CO's Driver who obviously can't drink... I know they are all looking forward to it though. Thing is its going to have quite a big impact on our unit to lose 3 of the more useful members of support platoon :/
useful? i doubt it :lol:
if its the COs driver i am thinking about with copious tatts then after sharing a room with him for 2 weeks he can be mad enough without drink!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
timpegasus Army Reserve 6
the_creature Army Reserve 79
damien437 Medals 24