Op TOSCA: How many failed the dental / medical?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Sep 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

It's almost as if someone doesn't want this Op to happen...

2. Ehhh

Where or what is that data coming from
  3. Depends what they got binned for though.

When we passed through RTMC last year it certainly had got far more harsh on passing the PFT but quite a few got through the medical that could easily have been binned.
  4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Did they RTU people for failing the CFT and/or PFT, or were the receiving units still accepting them 'at risk'? When I was last there , I remember about a third of the intake not surviving the Medical/Dental/G1 round robin. The PFT and CFT didn't happen till after we'd already been sworn in and accepted into service IIRC.

Edited to add; I thought the Tosca guys had been through a selection at their unit beforehand, no?
  5. As per the press up thread RTMC were being very stringent on what was required for a press up with DS deducting as readily as a mucker would add. No bad thing and gives receiving units a more thorough representation of individuals physical capabilities. Seen one fella in theatre who failed so clearly receiving units taking 'at risk'.

A lot of people failing the medical seems a little odd. You always get one or two with the dental, but medical, not seen that before.
  6. I can't believe anybody would attempt to go on a tour without being in the best possible physical and medical shape.
  7. Ha ha. Just missed out on a sunshine tour then, didn't they?

Mongs :roll:
  8. How fit do you need to be to sunbathe in Cyprus?
  9. msr

msr LE

I was including dental under medical reasons.
  10. Have you got some stats/rumours then MSR?

When I mobilised in 2003, loads were failing Dental and a few medical. Some even knew they were going to fail but still rocked up to get their mobilisation bounty :roll:

People should be more aware now and better facilities exist in all the theatres so medical/dental failures should be down.

I'd hope that they're more stringent now on the fitness side. When I went, as long as you could breath you deployed. People who biffed out after a mile on the CFT still went.
  11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

They'd changed that by the time I got there. Now you have to be accepted into service before you qualify for the dosh.
  12. You've quoted the wrong bit, you pillock. But yes they have and it's a good thing.
  13. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It makes sense as the call out bounty is effectively to help bridge the gap between your civvie pay stopping and your Army pay kicking in. Something that's not really going to apply if you're only at RTMC for two or three days.

All this being said, I do feel for the lads that get rejected after having said goodbye to friends and family, not to mention having made other arrangements for employment cover. It must be a bit depressing having to slink back home after building yourself up for deployment.
  14. MSR
  15. msr

msr LE

No, but I heard a rumour, that's why I turned to the Army Rumour Service ;)