Op Toptan

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by theheartbreakkid, Jun 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There are a couple of threads on this, but not really up to date...

What is the reality of Op Tosca – completely bone, or a potentially valuable a tour for a Tom/JNCO for one reason or another? Looking likely for next year, hence the question.

2. I doubt over the years much has changed, so the other threads will still be relevant. Judging by the title of your thread it sounds like you have made your mind up already.

Its something different which is not exciting work wise but, its six months on the holiday island of Cyprus!
  3. Possibly good if you have no tour or regular experience whatsoever.

Very good experience if you are a qualified lifeguard / swimming instructor.
  4. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Our guys who went on it had nothing good to say. By their account the AT oppurtunities were no compensation for the massive f*ck around factor.

They were, however, from a Corps and filling in the numbers for a TA Infantry unit - so were prime fodder for all the shite duties. Most of them had just returned from Herrick so that may have further influenced their opinion.
  5. Cheers Lads. Regarding the title, this is simply what i've heard it referred to as, and hence my scepticism, as there is only so much sunning ones self you can do...
  6. Mate, if you want to do it then go for it, Cyprus is a great place for a sunshine tour
    • Like Like x 1
  7. **** me there's gotta be worse places to get your bronzy on
    • Like Like x 1