Op telic medals

Just wondering if anyone know's how long it take's to recieve one post tour :?:

I was on Telic 1 got it today!

came back in June 2003, still havent got mine, there are Loggies from mess tin repair regiments who have theirs, and they didnt leave Kuwait!!!!!
whats the world coming to

Ventress

LE
Red_on said:
came back in June 2003, still havent got mine, there are Loggies from mess tin repair regiments who have theirs, and they didnt leave Kuwait!!!!!
whats the world coming to
Ditto, but I was in Iraq!

It all depends on your unit admin office to put in the paperwork the initial issue was done on the baisis of who was going to be in the public eye (I think). We were doing public duties so got ours in 6 months (Which is fast for the Army) all comes to those who waite!

That sounds about right, it would be quicker to claim asylum and get settled in the UK than it is to get a poxy medal

Halfway through my third Telic TOUR and still dont have my medal from the first one

and i feel agrieved! hat off to you pal! i wonder if politicians have to wait almost two years for a pay rise, do they Balls. *****£S!!!!!

Got mine two weeks ago (from Telic pre-numbers with rosette and bar), but Chief Clerk had had it in their desk drawer since early November! P#ssed me off a tad as I would liked to have worn it at the Cenotaph on Rememberance Sunday. Usual Army efficiency I suppose.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, well I say got, Ive got to wait for a parade....

Got back in Jul 03 - so 18 months not bad !!! also just got back from Kabul so wondering how long i'll have to wait for that little tickler ??

:?: let me see well i did telic 1 and just finished telic 3 and another visit out to the sandy shit hole is just around the corner and still no medal well i shall just have to make one :? :!:

i got my mess dress minature in iraq (june 2004) thru the regiment but the official one is nowhere to be seen. Got more chance of getting a BJ off the pope (even tho hes now dead)

Telic (no numbers) got back in Jul 03 still not sniff. Currently in Afghanistan. God only knows when this one will turn up....

dyingbreed said:
It all depends on your unit admin office to put in the paperwork the initial issue was done on the baisis of who was going to be in the public eye (I think). We were doing public duties so got ours in 6 months (Which is fast for the Army) all comes to those who waite!
I realise that this was posted some time ago, and of course totally agree about the need for unit admin offices to apply. Just want to add the point that it is obvious that in many cases units HAVE applied but the medal has yet to be issued, months or years later. I know this from personal experience (not TELIC but a different less impressive gong).

Me - Telic no number but no medal yet. However, as I understood it priority was as follows (or something along these lines):units that had suffered fatalities, units on public duties, units with casualties, everyone else.

The Medal office did invest in another minting machine (or was it another 2) and tripled the work force from 2 to 6 people. This enabled them to complete the Afghanistan medal run and start/increase production of the Iraq medal.

Your unit can queue jump by getting a Royal to come and present them - the name dropping of a title being awfully dissappointed at not being able to present the medals at their forthcoming visit usually speeds up the process.

QFEGD

pensionpointer said:
However, as I understood it priority was as follows (or something along these lines):units that had suffered fatalities, units on public duties, units with casualties, everyone else.
Accorded to my admin office its:
Public Duties
Units whos UIN start with 'A'
Those working at Embassies
Everybody else

but as its info from my admin office, expect it to be wrong, very wrong. :roll: