Op Telic Medals for sale!!!

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by modwatchdog, Nov 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw these on ebay. Thought they might be of interest to a collector.

Given the fact that some soldiers are still waiting for theirs, this could be a chance to buy one, before the market gets flooded with them!

I`ve seen about 3 or 4 on ebay over the last year, going for £600+.

2. Anyone who sells or buys a genuine Op TELIC medal from EBay is an idiot.

Do not do it. Just don't.

Or become a statistic at worst, and a few hundred quid worse off at best.

Don't.

3. MY MEDAL HAS MY NAME ON IT SURELY THESE DO TOO

4. LMAO! Look at this tube - medal, bar...and the rosette on the ribbon! :D

[​IMG]

Yeah - I want to buy stuff off someone like this...

5. LOSER thats all I have to say on the subject

6. GULF 1 OP GRANBY MEDAL (NOT DESERT STORM, THAT WAS THE US NAME) WITH CLASP DATES: 16TH JAN-28 FEB 1991. RIM ENGRAVED TO A CPL REME.

QUEENS JUBILEE MEDAL AWARDED. RIM NOT ENGRAVED AS NONE WERE. AWARDED TO THE SAME PERSON AS GRANBY MEDAL.

GULF 2 OP TELIC 1 MEDAL WITH CLASP DATES: 19TH MAR-28TH APR 2003. ROSETTE, RIBBON, ORIGINAL BOX, ENVELOPES AND CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS. AWARDED TO THE SAME PERSON AS THE GRANBY AND JUBILEE MEDAL BUT HE HAD MANAGED TO GET PROMOTED TO A SSGT.

ALL 3 MEDALS ARE 100% GENUINE NOT COPIES, REPLICAS OR ANY OTHER FAKE CHEAP RUBBISH. HAVE A LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK, I DONT SELL CRAP.

THE GRANBY AND JUBILEE ARE COURT MOUNTED. I HAVE LEFT THE TELIC 1 MEDAL UNMOUNTED TO ALLOW ANY WINNING BIDDER TO ENSURE IT IS THE REAL THING.

YES THE STARTING PRICE MAY SEEM HIGH. HOWEVER CAN YOU FIND BOTH GULF CONFLICT MEDALS AWARDED TO THE SAME INDIVIDUAL FOR SALE. IF YOU WANT THE REAL THING HERE IT IS. IF YOU WANT CHEAP COPIES LOOK AT OTHER SELLERS.

OVERSEAS BIDDERS PLEASE CONTACT ME PRIOR TO BIDDING TO ALLOW ME TO ADVISE SHIPPING COST AND PAYMENT.

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.

THANKS FOR LOOKING.

7. Op Telic Medal and Lighter

You are bidding on an full size Op Telic (Iraq Conflict) Medal (no clasp), engraved (to a JNCO in the RAMC).

This medal is a copy, that I had made, as a gap filler whilst I awaited my issue one.

It is in excellent condition!!!

And a brass ZIPPO lighter, with a map of Iraq on , and engraved Op Telic 2005, in original Zippo box.

This is a chance to own a inexpensive medal, named & originally owned by an Iraq conflict serviceman. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Attached Files:

8. Why would anyone possible want to wear another guys medals first time you wear them someone would notice for a start and its F***ed up if you aint earned them. GET A LIFE
    Oh i see there for collectors

9. Interesting you should mention the rosette on the ribbon. I`ve had this arguement with several serviceman, who seem to think that this is the correct order of wear. Also they seem to think that they should have numbers on the ribbons too, like those naff NATO medals!!! I wonder why someone would want to sell the medals anyway. I can see why the copy is for sale, as it might be of interest to someone and is only a few quid anyway, but the other one is up for £500. It might be of interest to know that I`ve seen one to the RMP for £600 and a OSM to the Paras for £1550!!!!

10. Am i crazy or doesnt the rosette go on your ribbon?????

11. Hmmm...the Branch take a dim view of people selling medals, which is fair, as they remain the property of HMG.

With regard to rosettes on the TELIC medal - it is only worn on the ribbon.

Numbers are only worn on UN/NATO medals. We have a system of rewarding multiple and repeat tours already - it is called the ACSM - a medal which itself has repeat clusters.

If you want to raise some cash in a hurry, and you are going to ignore the warnings, a contemporary set of 5 including GSM (NI), Bosnia (IFOR), Kosovo, TELIC, and QGJM and at least an MiD will net you approximately £3000.

Not that much when you consider the price may be a whole lot higher...

12. I think what watchdog means is on the ribbon when you`ve got the medals on, as aposed to on the ribbon alone, with no medals.

13. I guess we`ll just have to wait and see if they sell. I`m sure there`s collectors out there that will buy them.

The ZIPPO lighter alone must be worth £20?

14. Yep. You only wear the rosette on the ribbon on your uniform (SD/No2 dress/whatever), not on the medal ribbon itself.

Sorry - should have been clearer! :D

15. Yes, thats what I meant glad we`ve cleared that one up.