Op TELIC Medal

Discussion in 'Iraq (Op TELIC)' started by ggentilejoe, Dec 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1. I recently received my Op TELIC 1 medal which came in pieces and minus any attachment pin. I would be grateful if anyone knows how long the ribbon should be.

2. While we are on the subject, does anyone know how long the little piece of ribbon should be when sewn onto No.1 dress?
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Give it to a reputable tailor and they will do the business. But I am sure some Mat Regs surfer will post the facts and figures!
  3. You mean a mat regs surfer like yourself eh venty
  4. Still waiting for my Afghanistan Medal from 2002!!! Had to chase it up myself at my old unit because they forgot to apply for it, had to chase at my new unit its arrived but still waiting to get it presented! Old unit didn't sort out Iraq medal either, apparently medal office is still working through Junes paperwork they're so behind, so that'll be a long time coming.
  5. Yes, and that's June 1834...
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Of course, it helps if your local MP (Sedgefield constituency) can come to present them, like those from a certain REME Bn who were out there with us.
    Thus, one of the three Bns contributing troops to reinforce TELIC 2 has got medals, the other two haven't as yet - and no sign of anything in the future, either. :evil:
  7. OldSnowy said

Fast tracked Snowy?

No favours, just quicker and Dear Leader has no recollection of putting the applications in the ministerial briefcase and anyway, he did it for love. His integrity is intact.
  8. My Unit was out there for the kick off in Mar 2003, I've heard from a reliable source (our WO) that our TELIC medals have only just landed on his desk. Of course now he wants a parade! :(
  9. I am still waiting for my Telic and Bar medal. Have since done a second tour......odds on I get my ACSM before I get the original gong :evil: :evil:
  10. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

you aswell?
  11. As a stab on telic 3 i can look forward to my granchildren presenting
    me with it :lol:
  12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I was told by the Medal Office they were just clearing Telic 1 medals and would be starting Telic 2 issues in Feb 2005 :wink:
  13. Telic 2 medals are out.

I got mine last week. It was a thrilling experience. Honest. Took his time trying to pin it on though.
  14. So minimum 18 month waiting list then ?

Also heard that there was some confusion between who applies for it. The reg units the TA served with thought the 'home' TA units would apply and vice versa, result some of those TA on Telic 1 have been forgotten.

But I agree with Old Snowy, best way to speed up the process is organise a parade, invite a Labour MP and plenty of local press to cover the event, to make the presentations and then issue the warning order to the medals office.

The most important element being to get the press there.
  15. Not got mine from telic 1 either...or the number 3 for my bosnia medal, from my last excursion ....in 2000.
    I suppose it saves mounting costs.