• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Op TELIC medal

has anybody seen anything about amounts of tours i.e. do we get as the Op Grapple lot did numbers to denote amount of tours? I'm looking at third bloody tour out there!

The official line, from the Army Medal Office:

1. Numerals are only to be worn on NATO medals.

2. Op TELIC tour time counts towards award of the ACSM (36 months).

:D

Ventress

LE
dui-lai said:
has anybody seen anything about amounts of tours i.e. do we get as the Op Grapple lot did numbers to denote amount of tours? I'm looking at third bloody tour out there!
Remember to wash you hands a bit more often this time!

The_Sloping_Wire said:

Looks like it will be ACSM all round then.

E

error_unknown

Anyone seen any sign of the actual medal yet? Last I heard they were due to arrive 'in the spring'.

Captain_Crusty

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The_Sloping_Wire said:

...numerals are also worn on UN medals such as Op TOSCA.

chimera

LE
chickenpunk said:
Anyone seen any sign of the actual medal yet? Last I heard they were due to arrive 'in the spring'.
Latest we heard is 12 - 18 months in reality for most people. I suspect that the various medal companies that advertise in soldier etc will be selling full sized replicas long before then. That is normally the quickest way to get one.

chickenpunk said:
Look in the latest Soldier magazine!! That's probably the closest you'll get to one just yet until the medal office get's them sorted!

The 'new and improved' Joint Medal Office is being floated around the bazaars as well. Current distribution of Op TELIC medals is around 300 per month for the Army - the Joint Office can only slow this process.

At this rate, it will take nearly 9 years to cover those people who deployed on Op TELIC alone, let alone TELICs 2 - 100+ :D

Quick question, if i've been on telic but havent been presented with the medal yet, can i buy a minature for my mess dress and have it sewn on? Wouldnt want to catch a handful from the badge!!!

Yes you can.

Miniatures aren't provided by the system. If you have been awarded MiD, QCVS etc, the system should provide the emblems, but not the miniatures themselves.

It's a lot quicker to get them yourself, though!! :D

i was thinking that myself TSW - might just buy the minature and a replica and mount the real one in a frame with a mocked up photo of me urinating on an american :wink:

'Mocked up!!??'

Shurely you mean 'Entirely genuine and certainly not fabricated in the back of a suspiciously clean 4 T truck somewhere in Preston'??? :D

How about a prize for the first person who posts on ARSSE that actually gets it issued?? My betting is it will be around July/August, and then to 'Public Duties' units.

Worcestershire Medals reckon they will be selling a full sized replica (as well as a miniature that they are already selling) by next month.

PK

Old-Salt
Does just having the ribbon count???

Guy I work with is off doing ceremonial in Normandy for the D-Day landings aniversery and has got his ribbon on his No 2's but not the actual medal yet.

chimera

LE
Pete9075 said:
Just a quick one your're not supposed to wear the miniture on mess dress until you've been issued the ful sized one 8O 8O
B*llocks.

If you take that line my friend you won't be wearing it for years. If your unit has submitted your name on the medal roll, then you are entitled to wear it. Plenty of people are wearing the minature already (have been to a couple of mess functions where the majority were wearing it)

Latest Threads