Op TELIC medal

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Acid_Tin, Apr 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some of you may be aware that the Op TELIC miniatures are now on general release, either through your Garrison tailors or online (www.worcsmedals.com for example).

Ribbon lengths for full size medals are also available. :D

2. has anybody seen anything about amounts of tours i.e. do we get as the Op Grapple lot did numbers to denote amount of tours? I'm looking at third bloody tour out there!

3. The official line, from the Army Medal Office:

1. Numerals are only to be worn on NATO medals.

2. Op TELIC tour time counts towards award of the ACSM (36 months).

:D

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Remember to wash you hands a bit more often this time!

Looks like it will be ACSM all round then.

5. Anyone seen any sign of the actual medal yet? Last I heard they were due to arrive 'in the spring'.

6. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

...numerals are also worn on UN medals such as Op TOSCA.

7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Latest we heard is 12 - 18 months in reality for most people. I suspect that the various medal companies that advertise in soldier etc will be selling full sized replicas long before then. That is normally the quickest way to get one.

8. Look in the latest Soldier magazine!! That's probably the closest you'll get to one just yet until the medal office get's them sorted!

9. The 'new and improved' Joint Medal Office is being floated around the bazaars as well. Current distribution of Op TELIC medals is around 300 per month for the Army - the Joint Office can only slow this process.

At this rate, it will take nearly 9 years to cover those people who deployed on Op TELIC alone, let alone TELICs 2 - 100+ :D

10. Our unit (served Telic 1) may be getting it in July (may be a duty rumour though)

11. Quick question, if i've been on telic but havent been presented with the medal yet, can i buy a minature for my mess dress and have it sewn on? Wouldnt want to catch a handful from the badge!!!

12. Yes you can.

Miniatures aren't provided by the system. If you have been awarded MiD, QCVS etc, the system should provide the emblems, but not the miniatures themselves.

It's a lot quicker to get them yourself, though!! :D

13. i was thinking that myself TSW - might just buy the minature and a replica and mount the real one in a frame with a mocked up photo of me urinating on an american :wink:

14. 'Mocked up!!??'

Shurely you mean 'Entirely genuine and certainly not fabricated in the back of a suspiciously clean 4 T truck somewhere in Preston'??? :D

15. LOL - i never drove that four tonner to preston - its lies i tell ya, lies :D