Op TELIC medal issue

Discussion in 'Iraq (Op TELIC)' started by 11D, Jul 2, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 11D

11D Old-Salt

2. Someone has to get them first, so why not them?

I didn't realise it was a race to get them.... never mind a Regular Army vs TA thing which I think this is what this post is about!!
  3. they didnt get them first, I saw a whole load of Irish Guards wearing them 3 weeks ago at the cenotaph in london.
  4. who cares as long as they did qualify for them.
    we'll all get ours before we die(?)
  5. I'm leaving my forwarding address for when I leave in 3 years time :roll:
  6. by the time it turns up theyll have to dig you up to pin it to your ribcage
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I don't think they ARE first - saw a piece about London Regt TA's being issued their's on return from TELIC 2 a while back.

It depends how good the Unit admin is - bit of a choker for those who were in the first wave of Telic 1 to be leap frogged by people who were in theatre later though.

If your unit was part of TELIC 1 and you haven't been told when the campaign medal will be issued to you - spk to your Chief Clerk NOW!

8. The London Regiment ones were miniatures in little display cases - not the real thing - obviously the journos who wrote the article had no idea that there was a difference..!
  9. cant believe theres such a fuss about the telic gong!! it was only last year, some of us are still waiting for our Sierra Leone OSMs from before that :roll:
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

What- dui-lai
    second box under waterloo bridge, by the second pile of vom!
  11. OK, what ****** edited my profile? :roll:
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Not got the Sierra Leone OSM yet ? That's only from 2000. :roll:

You should consider yourself lucky, imagine waiting for the Suez GSM ! 8O
  13. Ventress,

You know me so well! I have the luxury cardboard box ready, it even has piss stain carpets as well :wink: