Op TELIC medal issue

Someone has to get them first, so why not them?

I didn't realise it was a race to get them.... never mind a Regular Army vs TA thing which I think this is what this post is about!!

they didnt get them first, I saw a whole load of Irish Guards wearing them 3 weeks ago at the cenotaph in london.

who cares as long as they did qualify for them.
we'll all get ours before we die(?)

no.

by the time it turns up theyll have to dig you up to pin it to your ribcage

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
11D said:
Can anybody explain to me why these small bunch of TA soldiers are receiving this medal first?

http://armydev.dera.gov.uk/presscentre/database/showPR.asp?id=3041

I don't think they ARE first - saw a piece about London Regt TA's being issued their's on return from TELIC 2 a while back.

It depends how good the Unit admin is - bit of a choker for those who were in the first wave of Telic 1 to be leap frogged by people who were in theatre later though.

If your unit was part of TELIC 1 and you haven't been told when the campaign medal will be issued to you - spk to your Chief Clerk NOW!

--

The London Regiment ones were miniatures in little display cases - not the real thing - obviously the journos who wrote the article had no idea that there was a difference..!

cant believe theres such a fuss about the telic gong!! it was only last year, some of us are still waiting for our Sierra Leone OSMs from before that :roll:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not got the Sierra Leone OSM yet ? That's only from 2000. :roll:

You should consider yourself lucky, imagine waiting for the Suez GSM ! 8O

Filbert Fox said:
cant believe theres such a fuss about the telic gong!! it was only last year, some of us are still waiting for our Sierra Leone OSMs from before that :roll:
Filbert - I had that problem too - tured out that my unit had dragged their heels. When I got posted I asked my new admin unit (civvie led I hasten to add) to chase it up for me - they said they would resubmit in case the other paperwork had got lost. Funny ol' thing two weeks later my Sierra Leone OSM arrived......

Get the unit to resubmit!!!

PS - given that I was on one of drawdown flights for SILKMAN I guess you should also have had yours by now!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
[quote="Pangur_BanFilbert - I had that problem too - tured out that my unit had dragged their heels. When I got posted I asked my new admin unit (civvie led I hasten to add) to chase it up for me - they said they would resubmit in case the other paperwork had got lost. Funny ol' thing two weeks later my Sierra Leone OSM arrived......

Get the unit to resubmit!!!

[/quote]

There y'go Charles James....it's all down to sucky unit Admin....from personal experience , MoD bureaucrats react quickest to those who send regular letters saying

" what's the state of play with....." - 'cos they know damn well they'll get another one next week till they DO sort it out !

Step One: get yr Sirerra Leone gadgy sorted
Step Two: sort out frikkin' Op Telic bottle-top for the rest of us!!!

( I'll wait by the letter-box for the postie then...)

<< mort au fonctionnaires!>>

Le Chevre

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Medals 4
Danny_Dravot Medals 7
BananaMan09 AGC, RAPTC and SASC 4