OP Ruby Murray

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BanjoBill, Mar 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Banjo Bill's Ruby Recipe

This Ruby Murray is made without any nuts and will feed 4 adults. The meat can be changed to whatever you prefer inc veg, chicken in this example.

* 4 medium size onions
    * 3 Cloves of garlic
    * Fresh ginger - about 3x the size of an oxo
    * Turmeric powder
    * Chili powder
    * Curry powder - I use Schwartz medium.
    * 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
    * Salt
    * Sugar
    * 3 or chicken fillets
    * Coriander
    * Olive oil
    * Basmati rice

In a large frying pan pour in a large slosh of olive oil making sure of about 1-2mm deep. Bit more if you like.

Heat and add sliced onions, reduce until golden brown - keep em moving chaps.
    Add chopped garlic/ginger/chili powder amount of chili powder will vary, go easy add more later if you want. Add Turmeric - about a tablespoon, then add about 4 heaped teaspoons of curry powder. Cook for a further 2-3 mins then add chopped tomatoes. Cook out for about 15 mins, add salt and sugar to taste. Add water of gets too dry.

Allow to settle while you fry chick fillets. When cooked, dice and add to curry.

Cook Basmati rice as per destructions on packet, mix in chopped corriander then serve.

Invite some mates and send some money to: http://www.armybenfund.org/currylunchhome.html
  2. That's debatable but all for a good cause.
  3. Well spotted that man!!!
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

One of the barmen in my local is ex-RAF.
    We should arrange a curry night for us ARRSE'rs her in Norn Iron.
    Mmmmm That's gave me a idea.
  5. Aren't there enough still on the run Spike?
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Seems my thread about a possible curry night in NI has been pulled.Looked like some people were interested,certainly on Rear party.
  7. The one in charities is still up, although the NAAFI one with all your posters is killed I think. :?