Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Op ROCKING HORSE - the King's Private Army.

Top-secret plan to smuggle the Royal Family to country mansion and foil Nazi kidnap squads | Daily Mail Online

A new book to be released.

Apparently about 200 Coldstreamers were involved in a plan to whisk the Royals away to a retreat in Worcestershire, should the cunning hun ever attempt to the kidnap them.

Other tit bits include the King spent time on a pistol range to hone his skills, and even packed a Sten when leaving the palace...

Not too sure about his orders, to his driver, to be left behind to fight to the death in the event of a confrontation. Although what a story!

I imagine the Royal's would have been a high value target, but could they really have been kidnapped? Held to ransom maybe... by a suicide unit.

Thoughts?

Top-secret plan to smuggle the Royal Family to country mansion and foil Nazi kidnap squads | Daily Mail Online

A new book to be released.

Apparently about 200 Coldstreamers were involved in a plan to whisk the Royals away to a retreat in Worcestershire, should the cunning hun ever attempt to the kidnap them.

Other tit bits include the King spent time on a pistol range to hone his skills, and even packed a Sten when leaving the palace...

Not too sure about his orders, to his driver, to be left behind to fight to the death in the event of a confrontation. Although what a story!

I imagine the Royal's would have been a high value target, but could they really have been kidnapped? Held to ransom maybe... by a suicide unit.

Thoughts?
Reading the article that is hardly new, I think the King wanted to be left behind to fight to the death. I don't think he was ordering his chauffeur to do the sacrificing.

Betty's a hell of a shot with a sten, but she doesn't like being seen doing it as ALF get all fuckin prissy and it ends up in the Sun...

In the event of a German invasion etc, I understood the UK Royals and the other European Royals who escaped to England in 1940 were to be evacuated to Canada.

There was also plans to evacuate the Royals and VIP's via the Underground out of London. I also once heard that the Thames would be used and they would be evacuated by Launch up towards Swindon before transferring to another form of transport.

If they make a film will Michael Caine play the OC I/C of the German Paratroopers.

The only bit I have difficulty in, is the apparent support of auxiliaries. They had a completely separate role to any regular unit. The secret nature of the auxiliaries and the cell system operated means we have a hard time finding out about them even now.
I can not see the brig getting the info on the local aux units, to much of a security risk. I can see the local aux unit getting info on the plan though. It was not a two way street when it comes to auxiliaries.

The only bit I have difficulty in, is the apparent support of auxiliaries. They had a completely separate role to any regular unit. The secret nature of the auxiliaries and the cell system operated means we have a hard time finding out about them even now.
I can not see the brig getting the info on the local aux units, to much of a security risk. I can see the local aux unit getting info on the plan though. It was not a two way street when it comes to auxiliaries.

I thought that too.

But given the lack of conformity for MI (R) (the only lettered MI branch I believe) it's not too beyond belief that Worcestshire based Auxiliaries would have been tasked with covert patrolling. ie a game keeper or a farmer watching more than they gamekept or farmed.

If they make a film will Michael Caine play the OC I/C of the German Paratroopers.

In that case will they also use the REME freefall team to represent said Fallschirmjage, as they did in that film?
If you look carefully, the character played by Michael Caine, good leader that he was, was the last to leave the aircraft, freefell through the rest of them, and landed first.
The Boss man of the REME team at the time is the bloke you see emulating this.
Oh how we laughed at the cinema in Epsom, when a bunch of us from Headley went to see the film and at the 'moment critique ' he leapt to his feet and shouted "There I am. Look at that. And that's why I'm where I am now."