Op Nimby Walt?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by still21inmymind, Aug 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I joined Arrse just as Op Nimby was gathering pace, and my only involvement was a letter of opposition to the planning authority, my circumstances prevented actual attendance 'in the field'.

If I bought and wore an Op Nimby shirt would that make me a walt?

2. Still21, seeing as the polos sold in the hundreds and the active NIMBYers (streetwalkers,background staff) was in double figures, I doubt it very much.

3. As far as I'm concerned Still21, when you buy a shirt some of the money goes to the charity, and you are supporting that.

Its just like supporting a football or rugby team and wearing their shirt.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Money goes to SSAFA so crack on, Walter.

Plus you have the benefit of having served of course :)

5. Hope this is not a WAH.

Anyway I can't see any reason why anyone should consider that wearing a "Nimby" Shirt would make you a "walt" unless you had been in the Leatherhead area actually on the ground, campaigning.

I did little more than you, bought the shirt and now wear it with pride, in the knowlege that I did something, no matter how minor, in overturning the travesty that nearly happened.

Not that anyone wanted my opinion. You got it anyway, so there ner. :)

6. Fuck me. I must learn to type faster. everyone and his dog beat me to it. :oops:

7. Mitch, I wanted your opinion, nay was sat here with bated breath in anticipation of it! :)

8. Bated breath, bated breath......... the only thing about you that gets bated is your master.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I fired a few missives off to the planning council, my MP and signed the online petition, and of course, watched the online event a couple of days after it happened.

Bought meself two polo shirts and am proud to wear them.

Yours

Walt.

10. Only if you are prepared to send me nekked photos. Then you will be forgiven. :D

11. Did you lose the last lot?

12. Oy - sunshine, I had to spend the evening with Saintstone, Fred Karno, Sven and some pikies in Ashstead. I deserve some more photos!

Chop Chop!

13. Parts being exposed as we speak.