Op NIMBY 07 - 36 Grey's Lane

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Apr 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We're putting together a bit of a presentation of ARRSE gone by and have been recording major events such as the legendary Op NIMBY campaign of 2007. One of the most striking images was someone on a tricycle with a massive bill board behind him that I'm sure is somewhere on here.

Anyone able to help me out by finding it or does anyone have it stored somewhere?
  2. Sluggy?
  3. I know the one you mean and think I've got it somewhere, but Moodybitch will definitely have a copy of it.

I'll have a lookysee.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Can you not connect a remote session sharing the images directory on the server and locally use something like Irfanview to create small thumbnails on the fly?

It's what I do in these situations
  5. Bad CO

Any idea how many folders vbulletin stores images in and how many we have on the server?! Crowdsourcing the solution is a much better option
  6. It was in one of the gallery folders?
  7. Speak to Jack Daniels.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nope, none whatsoever. I found vBulletin to be a little lacking for what was needed and never really got further than the front end
  9. Bad CO

Really? What were you trying to do that it couldn't cope with?

In other news, thanks to Snail - you rock!
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

11. I was told "I want to make a website with vbulletin because ArRSe does, and I've already bought it even though you said wait until I've had a closer look", but they failed to see the difference between a normal website and a Forum. It took about a week to persuade them that Joomla was better for what they needed
  12. Do keep up Trigger!

BCO, no probs. There's a good PXR by Fred_Karno or FARMBOY as well that I'll have a look for when I'm not admiring my new jim jams. I lead such a busy life!
    • Like Like x 1