• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

OP MI MANAGERS Mar 06 - They even let the darksiders pass!

What are we coming to?

If I hear one more word about linguists and hard they have it!

Remember when they gave you the check box that said Op Int and Sy or OPSI(L)? You take the MLAT, you takes your choice.

Seriously, well done everyone

The course has changed for the better I think. I know we now all have to submit a formal letter to the CRSM, but I think we are on the path to enlightenment.

'Have the NBC results been published yet?'

'Section commander - come on me.'

'Graeme, thanks for the 18 inches'

??????????

A lot more on the role of the WO and typical scenarios, rather than going on fighting patrols and setting ambushes. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing better than being in cut off group left, but it doesn't happen that much at a CS MI Sect.

roseandpose said:
I know we now all have to submit a formal letter to the CRSM, but I think we are on the path to enlightenment.
Formal letter to the Corps Razza? What's that all about then? At the moment it sounds really pump.

I am lead to believe that it was the darksiders who excelled on this course - one even came Top Student. Is your post tinged with more than a hint of jelousy?

It is not unheard of for Darksiders to excell on Cadre course. It's the RSigs mentality. They do sometimes put us Lightsiders to shame when it comes to Mil Trg.

(was going to put some derogatory comment about darksiders, but decided to save it for another thread)

:)

It's all politics. When we became a single trade (ha!) and the term darksider disappeared (ha!), most of the embassy posts, Oman etc went to the morse tappers as a desperate retention scheme. Now that they have had a few years to ruin liasion with the host nations, proper Op Int and Sy are now being posted to these jobs. The 'lets keep the weirdos happy' initiative has now been replaced with giving best student.

Saucer of milk for R&P please....

:)

roseandpose said:
It's all politics. When we became a single trade (ha!) and the term darksider disappeared (ha!), most of the embassy posts, Oman etc went to the morse tappers...
WTF was the Corps thinking handing the posts over to the Royal Signals Radio Telegraphists?

Just what I was thinking Fraser. Obviously roseandpose has his finger on the pulse..... :roll:

I mean, imagine sending a Class1 Russian Interpreter to Moscow, how fcuking stupid is that?

ooooh...this is even better than the orignal "Darkside and it's shite" thread

:):):)

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
interacting with humans and windows
Interacting with humans I understand, but interacting with windows, is that a lightsider term for 'window licking'? Clearly lightsiders are far more competent at it than your average darksider, we don't have the same level of experience due to non-exposure to windows. :wink:

Latest Threads