Op Kipion???

Discussion in 'RLC' started by lifesabummer, Apr 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone heard of this Op. Talking to a mate yesterday, he was of the opinion that Op Kipion was the new name for Op Telic which finishes in May this year. Anyone know anything different.

Also, does anyone know if the RLC has any bods left serving in Iraq at the moment??

2. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Op KIPION - BFPOs 632, 639, 643, 684, 767
    Op TELIC - BFPOs 632, 639, 643, 684 & 767

Think that answers it, well half of it.
  3. Will this lead to another medal thread???? ; )
  4. No, the current TELIC CSM is awarded. As per MOD medal site.
  5. Given that the BFPOs will be staffed by RLC posties, you have answered all of it.

6. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thank you kind sir. ;-)
  7. BFPO 684 is the British Embassy in Baghdad and there are no posties there. Nor are there any in Umm Qasr at the NTM-I. Can't think of any other post's in Iraq that will be staffed by Brits or RLC. Maybe i'm wrong though!
  8. OP KIPION will reflect that the SoFA with the Iraqi Government ceases sometime soon (01 May 11?), as a result the 2 operations the RN (and wider UK Forces) have been working under - OP TELIC, north of 29N inside the Arabian Gulf and OP CALASH - everywhere else with CJOs JOA, have been collapsed into one.
  9. You may have an RLC driver or 2 working in CP Teams but thats about all.
  10. A BFPO number doesn't guarantee the presence of a Postie.
  11. Because..............................Any ****** can lick a stamp!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Get with the times you dinosaur! ; )
  13. The Iraq Medal is now awarded for 30 days continuous service on Op Telic in Iraq. Air crew are awarded the Medal for 10 sorties into Iraq.

That would seem to be the case.
  14. Don't think it will change as it's called The Iraq Medal, not the Op Telic Medal.
  15. Issue of the Iraq Medal has ceased. I ask the Medal Office direct and they confirmed this.