Op Granby Zippo

Many moons ago i deployed on Granby and bought this for my dad:

We've had to go through dads things recently and here it is, like new and boxed!!

Don't know why i am posting, just thought it was maybe interesting to some.

was that one of the genuine zippos or a copy (varying quality and prices)?

at no point did we get the locals in Al Jubyail to print them with things like "RCT- ships of the dessert" (deliberate spelling)

edited for creating the RLC some time before they actually existed

Last edited:
was that one of the genuine zippos or a copy (varying quality and prices)?

at no point did we get the locals in Al Jubyail to print them with things like "RLC- ships of the dessert" (deliberate spelling)
If they did print it with RLC on, they must have known something because RLC wasn't formed until two years after Granby

I came back from Afghanistan when NAT0 took over, 2006?".I was NATO at the time. I bought a zippo in Kabul. Had it stolen frist night back from a pub in the Netherlands. You know 4 pints and your out of it. Anyway fast forward 2010. Last night before march out. Frau and myself go out one last time. Treat ourselves and get a taxi home. Taxi driver says I'm glad I saw you again. You left this in my taxi last time. He did get a nice tip... Money not willy

I came back from Afghanistan when NAT0 took over, 2006?".I was NATO at the time. I bought a zippo in Kabul. Had it stolen frist night back from a pub in the Netherlands. You know 4 pints and your out of it. Anyway fast forward 2010. Last night before march out. Frau and myself go out one last time. Treat ourselves and get a taxi home. Taxi driver says I'm glad I saw you again. You left this in my taxi last time. He did get a nice tip... Money not willy
Your frau could have at least made you watch her suck him off

If they did print it with RLC on, they must have known something because RLC wasn't formed until two years after Granby
oops, RCT even. Mind you the spelling was occasionally terrible, we found a load with the US flag on and
they'd manage to miss spell USA