Op GRANBY - 25 Years Ago

When we advanced to objective Brass, I was attachwed to the Royal Scotts (the Royal Regiment.... they insisted being called) we got two punctures and our driver Fish begged borrowed two spares off the convoy as it trundled passed, as Fish changed the wheels I got the Boss to speak about the Artillery fire to Camera, he had to almost shout to make himself heard and he had to think on his feet what to say, it was very eerie hearing all that firepower falling not that far away in the fog, almost directionless, when we rolled up the medics were already treating wounded, there was a pile of blood soaked dead in a pit and I just managed to get in position to capture the CET bulldozing a ton of sand over them, My tapes, hi band Betacam, are somewhere in the Archive at the IWM. They probably surface in 20 years and some journalist on BBC look North will do a piece on them.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
...there was a pile of blood soaked dead in a pit and I just managed to get in position to capture the CET bulldozing a ton of sand over them, My tapes, hi band Betacam, are somewhere in the Archive at the IWM. They probably surface in 20 years and some journalist on BBC look North will do a piece on them.
To point out that you evil aggressors deliberately buried women and children alive.

To point out that you evil aggressors deliberately buried women and children alive.
Sadly not far from the mark, a wee bit of creative art work from an anti Investigative journo and you will create an ARSSE thread that will run longer than the use of Napalm in The Falklands and the NDM medal!

Good post, but to be pedantic for once ;), isn't this the anniversary of the start of hostilities i.e. coalition air operations which opened Desert Storm, whereas 1 (UK Armd Div ME began going through the breach from late on 24 Feb 91 (G Day).
Apparently the first shots in the air war was in the early hours of 17 January 1991 by a couple of AH64 A

Last edited:

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
I fired the first shot, tbf it was an ND, Norman was fuckinn furious and proper stormin.... he wanted to continue the air campaign for another week, but hey ho the boys were away

I fired the first shot, tbf it was an ND, Norman was fuckinn furious and proper stormin.... he wanted to continue the air campaign for another week, but hey ho the boys were away

Knocking one out in a portaloo doesn't count.

JAD

LE
Apparently the first shots in the air war was in the early hours of 17 January 1991 by a couple of AH64 A
I was out on a resup run the early morning it all kicked off. Along side me was a good lad who looked at me and we both mouthed 'oh f@ck' to each other. The soft top of our Series 3 L/Rover canvas was flapping less than us that night as we headed back to the relative shelter of our harbour area.

Latest Threads