Op GRANBY - 25 Years Ago

I was on the first Artillery raid, unsure of the date, it was a mix of MLRS and good old fashioned mop and bucket mobile guns. We thought there would be return fire if they DF'd our positions, so we did a shoot and scoot and got out quick, nothing was fired back, a sense of what was to come. Got great footage though, seen all around the world.

M107s?

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
30 years ago today I 'celebrated' my 18th birthday whilst on Op Granby - whose bright idea was that to send a 17 year old to a war zone?!

Seems like a lifetime ago.......

I turned 17 the day it kicked off. I remember just about heading for bed at half-eleven, pissed on homebrew, when the TV stations all started reporting the start of the air war.

To think you were the same age and actually getting ready to roll over the border into a war zone. Crazy stuff.

I was on the first Artillery raid, unsure of the date, it was a mix of MLRS and good old fashioned mop and bucket mobile guns. We thought there would be return fire if they DF'd our positions, so we did a shoot and scoot and got out quick, nothing was fired back, a sense of what was to come. Got great footage though, seen all around the world.
That was some night wasn't it, I was a Sgt Launcher Commander on MLRS.. We MLRS and 8 inch ( 32 Regt ) put some awesome fire power down the range. Memories eh... would not like to be on the receiving end.

dan_brown

War Hero
I turned 17 the day it kicked off. I remember just about heading for bed at half-eleven, pissed on homebrew, when the TV stations all started reporting the start of the air war.

To think you were the same age and actually getting ready to roll over the border into a war zone. Crazy stuff.

Attachments

• 2021-01-19_224803.jpg
    2021-01-19_224803.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 2021-01-19_225030.jpg
    2021-01-19_225030.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 96
That was some night wasn't it, I was a Sgt Launcher Commander on MLRS.. We MLRS and 8 inch ( 32 Regt ) put some awesome fire power down the range. Memories eh... would not like to be on the receiving end.

I think you guys did a lot of damage, here's some I photographed earlier.
victory in the gulf 7jpg.jpg

And I mine,

To both of you old fvckinggunners

Yes! It's still one word in my house!! :thumleft:
Yes I can relate to that, now wheres my cat

DAS

War Hero
We had the temporary morgue behind our pan in Akrotiri - fortunately never used. There were some bored staff floating around

We had the temporary morgue behind our pan in Akrotiri - fortunately never used. There were some bored staff floating around
Things could have been so different though, glad they wasn't

Latest Threads