Op Fast Track (51 Bde)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by TartanPimpernel, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else from ARRSE gracing glorious Aberdeen with their presence this summer?

Having been out of 'green' for a little under two years due to the turbulent civilian life we all lead I wonder if it would be beneficial for me to refresh my memory before embarking on Op Fast Track. To date I have completed TAFS 1, TAFS 2, CMS(R) and a good chunk of Module 2 however looking over my old handouts I remember little other than what TA stands for.

Aiming this primarily at members of 51's RTC/OTW or any other RTC for that fact any advice would be greatly received.

2. Although discussed in a thread not so long ago this is the first time I've heard of a Fast track plan. Yet again Arrse forst with the news. Please tell us more - have you any official documents/links etc or any other info you can give us.

I note, yet again, 51 Bde are stealing a march on the other Bdes south of the Border - this isn't all part of a master plan for the Independent Scottish Army once Salmond and his gang get their way?
  3. Best Bet would be to call the OTW at 51(Scottish) Bde this w/e to find the book answer......
  4. Sadly no official bumph at the moment but from what I've been told it is running in conjunction with SC07 and has been renamed Summer Leader. Run by bods from 7SCOTS in Aberdeen and Inverness it seems simply to be Modules 2 and 3 over a 3 week period.
  5. msr

msr LE

I don't know, I recall hearing of it in 1989.

6. 1989?

I ran one in 1984