OP EMBROIL - RMP investigation into online sales of kit

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Goatman, May 1, 2012.

?
  1. Applauded for their resourcefulness

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Given time in Colly to reflect - and discharged SNLR

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. Taken out and shot, charged for the rounds and then discharged

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Excused sick parade as they only fell from grace following their tough Herrick tour....

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Spoken to quite harshly and promise to be good in future.

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Couldn't find a thread on this* so here y'go, for those who may not have seen :

Stolen military hardware being sold-off on eBay - Crime - UK - The Independent

* apart from this one of course...d'oh! http://www.arrse.co.uk/military-clothing-boots/174067-monkeys-e-bay.html

2. Erm, an X Box 360? What's the MoD doing with one of them which is so vital to the nations security?

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....

3. I notice a shed is in the list, <taps side of nose> 'nuff said.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Just possibly it was purchased with welfare funds for soldiers deploying to operational theatres. Nation's security? No, probably not. Important to morale? Definitely.

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

you're a Man City supporter you say ? Just a thought....nuff said really....

6. Go on any pussers war canoe and in the mess decks you'll find xbox 360's or nintendo wii's

7. I don't think that Bdr 'Fingers' McCafferty or LCpl 'Pockets' Pollard will be sweating much though...

Military police

PS. If anybody's looking for a reasonably priced X Box...you know the drills.

PPS. And before any of the Monkey's have a pop...don't shoot the messenger. It's not his fault that your investigations 'lack rigour'.

8. I'm going to sell a tin of SAS paint, Boathouse, for the use of,

Highest bidder will find out what colour it is when they open it.[taps side of nose]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Budget cuts. it's how initial flying training is conducted now.

10. That link is totally inaccurate and should not be used when referring to military police crime clear up figures. It clearly states that RMP clear up rates are 'no better than that of Inspector Clouseau'. I have seen every single Pink Panther film and I think you will find that Inspector Clouseau always gets his man - therefore surely his clear up rate is 100%. The clear up rate of the RMP however..............................................

11. I think it's pretty well established the RMP couldn't solve a dot to dot drawing of a straight line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is that some sort of wendyball social club?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....

13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Bugger! Will I get away with listing my sugar bag shorts, issue Spitfires and scratchy green long johns? I've been waiting for decades for the trail to go cold.

Won't be selling my puttees, though. Oh no, sirree.

As an aside, I saw some military gear on ebay about 5 years ago. The chap had taken photographs of the stuff in his back garden, which was quite clearly a quarter, at Yeovilton. A bit of Google Earthing later I was taking a peek in his back yard.

(And, no, I didn't.)

14. We're waiting.

15. That's total uncalled for.

...............................................................................................................................................................................