OP CORPORATE veteran in mid 40s?

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As per.

Somebody is claiming to be a Falklands Veteran, but is in their mid 40s. Is this likely - and did any TA soldiers get involved in CORPORATE?

2. Do your own maths, have to be a minimum of 48/49 to have been sent.

3. I just wanted to be sure of my suspicions.

Guy says he was born in 1966 so likely to be 46 now. I really don't want to call out a Walt if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Guy did not do his Regular basic training until 1983 so IF he'd been down south, it would have had to have been as a Stab, him being TA prior to going Regular.

4. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Hmmmmmmm. On the maths point, and using advanced STAB calculus, I make the minimum for an Op finishing in June '82, let alone setting sail in April, to be 48.

Edited to add that, after reading the other thread, two of 3 PARAs fatalities at Longdon were seventeen, so assuming a minimum age of 18, which I thought was official policy for Corporate, was incorrect and 47 is possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Who is it Bravopenis?

6. Inbox cleared

7. Utter utter bollocks. Born in 66 means same school year as me and I remember the fall of Stanley happening in the midst of my 'O' Levels. Basic in 83 is feasible as I did mine then. Assuming he completed his secondary education, he would not have left school until June/July 82. On that basis I struggle to see how he could have achieved readiness with a TA unit to go. Not only a walt, but a fuckwit walt it seems.

8. The youngest guy from 3 PARA to serve down south (and survive) was born in Aug 1964.

9. My mate was on HMS Bristol during the Falklands and is 47. I'm pretty sure there weren't many younger down there.

10. I was born in 1966, and joined in 1983 at 16, so unless he has invented time travel I call walt

11. Typical one dimensional view as ever. How do you know he isn't lying about his birth date to get hot chicks. I'd definately lose a few years to bum some sluts.

12. You look about 14 anyway, and you shag grannies. There must be something going for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.