OP Chariot Film In The Pipeline?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Munter Hunter, Dec 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone heard this?

Read yesterday in a local free rag that there are plans to make a film about the Saint-Nazire raid supposedly to be directed by David Yates of Harry Potter fame.

2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

3. I know, but seems it's not really been done until it's been re-made badly with possibly a heavy septic slant for good measure.

The Dambusters has already been done but that's on it's way in the near future.

4. I'd be very interested in a new film on Op Chariot as long as it doesn't morph into 'the true story of how Seal Team Six swam the Atlantic to take out the whole German Navy.'

5. didnt they do that with the jeff bridges version already where he was a "canadian" think it was called raid on the iron coast

6. I don't know about that one.

The new one is directed by Peter Jackson, there's been a bit in the papers and on-line about it. I read they'd built 10 lifesize Lancaster props, Les Munro was on board as a technical adviser and there was some speculation about what Gibson's dog was going to be called.

But a new flick about Op Chariot is long overdue, just hope they do it justice.

7. Every couple of years there is a rumor about new home grown British war movies entering production.

I remember a few years ago it was all about Blair 'paddy' maine's exploits being put on screen with Colin Farrell to star.