Op. BRIDGES?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by walt_of_the_walts, Oct 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last weekend I was at Pirbright staying in transit accommodation and on the noticeboard was a laminated poster about Op. BRIDGES, informing me I had 24 hours to vacate the camp if this op is called.

What is Op. BRIDGES? Zombie apocalypse?

If you can only tell me then have to kill me afterwards, I don't mind...

2. Why is it of concern to a ACF instructor?

3. Its for when we let the CIA borrow it to 'nicely ask questions' to some dark skinned chappies.

4. Who used to own Pirbright?

Who guards (geddit?) the Head of State?

Only a rumour mind but it might just be something to do with Royal funerals...................

FFS don't tell 'em I told you!

Don't think the ACF have a big part to play though :)

5. Who said anything about concerned? Interested only.

6. Without giving too much away, it might have something to do with the expected imminent demise of a former Prime Minister. The incumbents at Pirbright are sharing the standby duty with the Rocks at Halton.

7. Utter tripe.

8. But you would say that, wouldn't you.

9. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

The 'Bridge' Plans, I thought (and stand happy to be corrected) are the Navy plans for when Senior members of the Royal Family (and perhaps others) pass away. Op Tay Bridge is for XXXX, Op Spey Bridge for YYYY.

Perhaps it's for closing up ceremonial parties involved with that, IF IT were ever to happen.

10. They are tri-service contingency plans for the military invasion of London (almost)

11. Substantiated by this:
    HM-Funeral