Op Bracken/Camp Dogwood

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Nov 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Media speculation that a company of the Scots Guards in Basra area may be detached to reinforce the Black Watch battle group.

Posted for info, as already in the public domain.
  2. Source seems to be the Scottish Daily Record, not the most magisterial of Scottish newspapers :roll: but the story has been picked up by the Scottish Press Association and the Scotsman.
  3. No surprises there...wonder how it will be spun if the deployment takes place though
  4. Watch out to see if the Scots Gaurds are then reinforced with the rest of the Battalion and then their mission extended as the BW pull out :roll:
  5. I'd bet my pension on it :evil:

I wouldn't be at all supprised if more are sent to "support" the BW / SG as well.
  6. link to a piece by BBC's David Loyn about how things are going at Dogwood.

Anyone know what happened to Ben Brown? I know I did mildly criticise what I thought was 'over-sensitive' reporting of the BW's reaction to threats and casualties, but Arrse doesnt have that amount of influence ... does it?
  7. In the pictures from Falluja I did see a British soldier in a position. Your helmet is distinctive as was the Union Jack on the shoulder of the soldier.
  8. MoD's rotating the embedded journos through Dogwood a handful and a week or so at a time.
  9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

hmmmm......wait till the MP's forum is open and we'll see....I wonder whether Bruce George will front up or use a pseudonym..if so what ?

( Miss Whiplash of Walsall springs to mind)
  10. Good capture by the BW Battle Gp. Well done BW and AAC. Story from PA via The Scotsman, http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3751811

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Bliar being interviewed on Sky News has just said that he and Bush43/44 have plans to increase the forces in and around Fallujah, though he doesn't say where they will come from. In response to Adam Bolton's persistent questions regarding how long we'll be in Iraq, the Dear Leader just evaded giving an answer.
  12. I should have been paying more attention, but I thought he said virtually the opposite on Ch4 News - I understood him to tell Eleanor Goodman that there would not be another Brit contingent for Fallujah after the Black Watch. (Despite it being purely military decision! :roll: )
  13. Hackel that was very good news out of Dogwood with the capture of the terrorists. Also important was a local cleric who helped to point out a terrorist that tried to hide amongst the crowd. Aggressive patrolling like this is the best defense against IED ambushes.
  14. 2 down, just another 1000 or so to go! No time like the present! Well done lads.
  15. full story at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4009955.stm