Op BANNER - Yellow Cards

I think there is one in Conway Mill Museum Belfast. You could ask them for a colour photocopy......but they are likely to reply 'so you have decided to read it at last:)'!

the RAF Regt one reads

RUN AWAY

with an option to shoot your own body armour
Run?

The RAF Regt?

No need for all that running chaps, show them this.

unnamed (1).jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can let you have Yellow Card Nov 72, Blue Card Aug 73 and a white card Army Code 70772 (enquiries about an arrest). All in very good condition.
Pm sent.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I recall that by the 80s the NI Aide Memoire had many coloured cards including ones for PADS, M79, etc. Of course the yellow version was always the most important and has to be learnt by rote.

My NI aide memoire issued in 1979 has 38 cards. The only one I found useful was "Instructions to soldiers who may accidentally cross the border into the Irish republic while on duty". Bloody whirlybird contraption dropped me off south of the border. Got picked up by the Garda, who were really decent about the entire thing, said it happened a lot more than you might think.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
My NI aide memoire issued in 1979 has 38 cards. The only one I found useful was "Instructions to soldiers who may accidentally cross the border into the Irish republic while on duty". Bloody whirlybird contraption dropped me off south of the border. Got picked up by the Garda, who were really decent about the entire thing, said it happened a lot more than you might think.
Hands up if you never visited the Republic. My hand is not raised.

Interesting that in the 1995 Rules that it no longer mentions a petrol bomber as a specific target.
20 years before it had been deliberately added to the Rules.

I'd be surprised if the Blessed Diane Abbot didn't lobby hard for the change, bearing in mind her alleged role as QMS (Molotovs) during the Broadwater Farm riot.

Latest Threads