• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Op Banner Rememberence

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
As someone who managed not to go on Op Banner , IT crossed my mind that the lads are not remembered nor celebrated enough by Joe public.
I have thought of a silly, probably , Idea of how they could remind people of their efforts. This is prolly Bollixxx but I thought this was the place to fly it .

Perhaps next year Veterans of this conflict could band together in their own towns and folks from mixed regiments / corps could perhaps go out on patrol in civies/ working clothes perhaps wearing berets with blackout cap badges. Go out out in Sticks as many as they can muster and "patrol " the local city center and side roads. Tail end charlie walking backwards , ducking in to cover of shadowed door ways covering each other as the cross roads etc .

Some could even set up dummy VCPs on the side of the road and have other vets in their cars being stopped and searched ( not the general public as there would be tears and letters to the daily mail. )

I just though if the civi pop saw this activity for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon might bring it home a bit ,especially as the Troops would be older bolder and in civvies .

stands by for flack.