Op Banner photos - some memories for the old and bold

1 WFR were still there when we took over from 1 RHF. I remember the Woofers as being fairly amicable neighbours compared to our shenanigans with the LI who replaced them.
2LI?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Earlier I tried to send Mr. Grimshaw a message at the email address from his website, which I have used successfully before, and my server wouldn't recognize it. I tried within the last 10 minutes and now it works. I don't know if there was a glitch or what in the network.

I asked him to reply, and when he does, I'll say that the handsomest Green Jacket ever is looking to say 'hullo.'

Cheers,
Dan.
Thanks Dan.

As I recall it from my youth, it was fat gobby bigots draped in red white and blue, and led by a fat gobby bigot in a dog collar, whose behaviour led to the Troubles in the very beginning.

And they haven't gone away either, you know.
Absolutely. Still, I can't help but feel there are sufficient potential interviewees on either side of the divide to provide a more balanced piece rather than just "this man good, this man or what hang on wait a minute, is it a woman? - bad".

Yes, Wolfe Tone was C of I.
Wolfe Tone pre-dates Sinn Fein by about 100 years, he was one of the founders of the United Irishmen. Sinn Fein was founded by Arthur Griffith, who was a Catholic.

Wolfe Tone pre-dates Sinn Fein by about 100 years, he was one of the founders of the United Irishmen. Sinn Fein was founded by Arthur Griffith, who was a Catholic.
Thank you for the detail: my line of reasoning still stands, not least since one of the Republican folk bands best beloved of Shinners across the whole island back in the day was (you've guessed it already) The Wolf Tones.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Ref. the above few posts,it was a complicated business was it not?
Giving the lie to the post Cold War General Staff bollocks, that "War is the most difficult thing. So, if we are well trained for war, anything else will be easy", completely overlooking that war is pretty simple, however difficult to prosecute, and that any conflict short of full on inter-state war is gonna be horrifically complex to manage in comparison.

To quote one particular murdering hypocrite "They haven't gone away you know" :pissedoff:
Review by Toby Harnden, in the latest Sunday Times, of a book about the murder of Jean McConville that you might want to read (the review, as much as the book). It sounds as though the book sheds some harsh light on our Gerry, and his (Mack The Knife-like) talent for keeping his hands clean.

I'll post a title when I can remember it

Review by Toby Harnden, in the latest Sunday Times, of a book about the murder of Jean McConville that you might want to read (the review, as much as the book). It sounds as though the book sheds some harsh light on our Gerry, and his (Mack The Knife-like) talent for keeping his hands clean.

I'll post a title when I can remember it
The book is 'Say Nothing' by New Yorker Patrick Keefe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sirbhp Old & Bold 1
J The Intelligence Cell 5
J Old & Bold 10