Op Banner photos - some memories for the old and bold

Nothing to stop him posting again
But only if he has kept a copy of it (as I have to with Times comments, because some of their algorithms and junior intern censors confuse irony, sarcasm and humour with evil).

That only used to be the case with the Guardian, but it became increasingly pointless fighting the blob there.

ugly

LE
I only posted to give detailed response to a posting that i found partucularly offensive. Amicably resolved with profuse apologies.
Don’t apologise, I didn’t moderate your post, I just explained it!

oldbaldy

LE
I only posted to give detailed response to a posting that i found partucularly offensive. Amicably resolved with profuse apologies.
When the original, offending, post was put up in 2019 it was missed. It was only after your reply another user highlighted it. I'm the MOD who deleted it and because of that I had to also delete other posts which quoted it and those that refer to both it & yours. I have had a look to see if I could modify your post deleting all reference to the original post but it wouldn't have made sense. Your post is still on the ARRSE servers & I could, if you wanted, send you a copy by DM, you could then adapt it to tell what is an interesting stand alone story, as other have mentioned.

MDWUBU

Swinger
When the original, offending, post was put up in 2019 it was missed. It was only after your reply another user highlighted it. I'm the MOD who deleted it and because of that I had to also delete other posts which quoted it and those that refer to both it & yours. I have had a look to see if I could modify your post deleting all reference to the original post but it wouldn't have made sense. Your post is still on the ARRSE servers & I could, if you wanted, send you a copy by DM, you could then adapt it to tell what is an interesting stand alone story, as other have mentioned.
Maybe there have been some crossed wires but i thanked you for your kind offer and acvepted it. I. E to send me the original post that had been suspeded.
With thanks

. . . hopefully with corrected spelling, grammar and English usage, a timeline more in keeping with reality than Hans Christian Andersen, a realisation that a novel by Frederick Forsyth is not really an autobiography . . .

MDWUBU

Swinger
. . . hopefully with corrected spelling, grammar and English usage, a timeline more in keeping with reality than Hans Christian Andersen, a realisation that a novel by Frederick Forsyth is not really an autobiography . . .
My Biography :The Negotiator, written by James March, aka Spike Hoe the authorised author of David Stirling Biography. Seconded to my Regiment 3RRF In London/Derry in 1970 when he was promoted to Captain from SNCO at Hereford. Done under the auspices of CO of 3RRF Colonel Ian (Biffo) Cartwright (Hereford also and ex Lancashire Fusilier before all amalgamated into Royal Regiment of Fusliers back in the day)
Control Risks:David Walker ex Hereford, Arish Turle, Simon Ad - - D, both ex Hereford. I was third through the door of fledgling company.
Sorry about grammer, spelling but small mobile phone keyboard and sticky finger inhibits..

My Biography :The Negotiator, written by James March, aka Spike Hoe the authorised author of David Stirling Biography. Seconded to my Regiment 3RRF In London/Derry in 1970 when he was promoted to Captain from SNCO at Hereford. Done under the auspices of CO of 3RRF Colonel Ian (Biffo) Cartwright (Hereford also and ex Lancashire Fusilier before all amalgamated into Royal Regiment of Fusliers back in the day)
Control Risks:David Walker ex Hereford, Arish Turle, Simon Ad - - D, both ex Hereford. I was third through the door of fledgling company.
Sorry about grammer, spelling but small mobile phone keyboard and sticky finger inhibits..
The good Colonel's son, also known as Biff, was my Platoon Commander when I was in Mortar Platoon. A top bloke.
Back to the thread.

MDWUBU

Swinger
The good Colonel's son, also known as Biff, was my Platoon Commander when I was in Mortar Platoon. A top bloke.
Back to the thread.
Colonel Ian was a no bullshit sort of guy. Vry quietly spoken Best I served under. He really had 3RRF in high gear. Once after he'd had a few pints in the Mess he looked at a lot of fresh faced officers and said "its quite a while since i threw an officer through a window" (closed window), one of them laughed------

Thank you for the . . . corrections.

It would be interesting to compare it to the original.

MDWUBU

Swinger
Thank you for the . . . corrections.

It would be interesting to compare it to the original.
When I get round to it. I possibly won't put it back out there as why would anyone want to want to publish such stuff other than showing off. Goes against the ethos of the organisations and people I worked with.

When I get round to it. I possibly won't put it back out there as why would anyone want to want to publish such stuff other than showing off. Goes against the ethos of the organisations and people I worked with.

I fully understand - PERSEC is not a dirty word.

Unless you are introducing yourself as 'Winthrop', of course:

Hello

Mark Winthrop

Or neon-lit hints that you are Thomas Clayton, the erstwhile subject of the 2000 action flick Proof of Life as you name bombed Russell Crowe and Meg Ryan:

MDWUBU

Swinger

Or neon-lit hints that you are Thomas Clayton, the erstwhile subject of the 2000 action flick Proof of Life as you name bombed Russell Crowe and Meg Ryan:

Prefer the total anonymity of being in the Arts business. Proof of life film, i did see and it lost me when a group of kidnappers abseiled down a cliff to stop a car and kidnap the victim, but then its Hollywood. The rights of the Negotiator were sold and Control Risks were consultants on the film (after my time there.) I was told that The Negotiator was not the title the film Producer would use as there were too many cop Films and TV shows with that name. Are you telling me that I have to tell my wife she was not played by Meg Ryan? Thats a tough one.

How far out of order are you planning to get, just out of interest?

If they do another round of Defence cuts the direction of travel will have been 3RRF gone, 2 RRF gone, 1RRF becoming part of what will surely be called the English Regiment.
3RRF gone? If my brother were alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave. He was always proud of firstly being, and latterly having been, a member of 3RRF.

Latest Threads