Op Banner photos - some memories for the old and bold

Is it Bonio from U2?
Unlikely. He never won slimmer of the year 1981 although they did end up with several good finishers for the winners crown before the competition ended.

Ex Para involved in the murder of the three Jocks. Patrick O'Kane ex 2 Para joined the IRA in 1969. Police files have indicated he was seen with the the three Jocks just prior to their murder. He was also wanted for the Kingsmill massacre but had escaped to the South. He subsequently received an OTR letter, but died 11 years ago in the republic. Program about it on BBC NI Spotlight tonight 2235hrs.

Ex Para involved in the murder of the three Jocks. Patrick O'Kane ex 2 Para joined the IRA in 1969. Police files have indicated he was seen with the the three Jocks just prior to their murder. He was also wanted for the Kingsmill massacre but had escaped to the South. He subsequently received an OTR letter, but died 11 years ago in the republic. Program about it on BBC NI Spotlight tonight 2235hrs.
Was it a terribly unfortunate case of unexpected suicide? Were there any dessie boot prints on the kitchen floor and a whiff of purple smoke?

I know there is a thread for vids, but l thought this particular one would be of more interest here. It about an hours worth of photos compiled of the Royal Scots during Banner, chances are @Auld-Yin makes an appearance.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know there is a thread for vids, but l thought this particular one would be of more interest here. It about an hours worth of photos compiled of the Royal Scots during Banner, chances are @Auld-Yin makes an appearance.
Auld Yin has those pics and there are alsomones put together on Aden and AMF(L) Bn exercises, done by the former BN photographer. I can assure you that in none of the vids will you find pics of a very young Auld Yin. I always kept well away from photos as I don't like having my pic taken. When Bennie, fir that is who the photographer is, came near I always disappeared. I think I have a total of five or six photos of me in green.

Having said that, it was easy as when a camera came near one could see the Jockerie trying to get themselves in shot - quite funny.

sore knees

Old-Salt
What a cracking watch lots of the old and bold.
Out of curiosity was this vintage 1972 as I noticed Colonel Nigel Stisted along with John Charteris MC who looks to be a Company Commander at the time and another Major who I next saw in 77 as HQ Company Commander at Glencorse.

Out of curiosity was this vintage 1972 as I noticed Colonel Nigel Stisted along with John Charteris MC who looks to be a Company Commander at the time and another Major who I next saw in 77 as HQ Company Commander at Glencorse.
@Busterdog

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There is a series of five of these which you can find on the RS website and they were all taken by the then Bn Photographer. The period covered is from Aden in 64/65 to Cyprus in 74. Most of that time is time I spent with 1RS but you will not find any pics of me as I hid when Benny came around with his camera. I was and still am not one for hogging the camera lens.

The only one I have found of me is one showing my best profile - my back!
Dungiven Bridge 1971.png

This was at Dungiven Bridge 13 June 1971 when the local Orange Lodge wanted to march over the bridge but were banned from doing so. You will all recognise me of course as I am the guy on the right with an SMG slung and carrying an SLR which belonged to the chap hidden in front of me who had been injured by rocks and was being taken back by the CSM for treatment.

Latest Threads