Op Banner photos - some memories for the old and bold

I'm sorry, but he's really ruined a moody photo with that cuppa,....;);)
There are a couple of other brews in the shot. From memory though, the tall bloke on the left had that mug pretty much Araldited into his fist. One of the best i ever worked for.

Far too much in the way of flares there, and no rubber dicks apparent. For credible streetwear, see [another] Det:
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard012.jpg

Hair by Teasy-Weasy ©.

G1098 issue. Had to be handed in for redeployment on posting. Some had many years of wear, became limp and unable to stand up to the stresses.
FFS man! OPSEC!

I love the 2 sharing the scarf, please tell me they didn't crew a motor like that.
It was a mere forty years ago, but I seem to recall it was a fairly spontaneous event. The consensus was dogs and brews rather than weapons.

FFS man! OPSEC!
Mine had experienced too many loose lips and it was contagious.

(Don't do your 'Walls have Sausages' routine again, please. It was embarrassing in the Naafi and worse at the Mess Ladies' Night. Or maybe that was me.)

Incidentally, while reading 'British_Army_Death_Squads.com' or somesuch just now, I saw this photo:
general-sir-frank-kitson-the-british-armys-death-squad-supremo-in-ireland-during-the-1970s.jpg

...which is the only time I've seen 'hats ridiculous' in use in NI in any photograph. Kitson and his CP team engaging the local rough yeomanry.

ugly

LE
Incidentally, while reading 'British_Army_Death_Squads.com' or somesuch just now, I saw this photo:
View attachment 370689
...which is the only time I've seen 'hats ridiculous' in use in NI in any photograph. Kitson and his CP team engaging the local rough yeomanry.
The glasses wearer looks to have a BFA fitted!

Excellent. A long time coming, though, by the sound of it.

I know of one fatality (1980? DWR CONCO, Falls/Whiterock junction) that arose because his 'covert' car wasn't. Kinda wonder if there were others, before we got smart.
3 R ANGLIAN in Oct '79. The other occupant of the car survived although badly wounded and was later my Coy Int Sgt - I've mentioned this elsewhere so won't repeat it all. @Kinch also has the details - the 'Lost Lives' version is accurate including the plates.

View attachment 370689
And in Ogbourne St George too........;);)

I think that's Kitson as a Major General and Director of Infantry.
On Ex BATON ROUGE......

About 36:30 onwards.......

Yeah, Frank Kitson:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest Threads