Op Banner Official Analysis of Military Operations

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland (Op BANNER)' started by biffins-bridge, Aug 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has already been linked to, couldn't find it on a search.

Makes for pretty interesting reading:

2. Sorry, can't find the button for linking to websites anymore, anyone help?
  3. Thanks mate. I used to be able to link t'internet sites to posts with a simple one click icon but can't seem to do it anymore.

The PDF is pretty interesting I thought. I'd be interested to see if there were other open source post op analysis reports of recent ops online anywhere.
  4. Interesting doc BB. Interesting little part about UK, France, and Libya:
    I'd forgotten the French were involved.
  5. I remember reading that only two or three years ago, members of a PIRA splinter group were arrested in Brittany trying to purchase some weapons....for decades, there has been some mostly "romantic" links between Breton autonomists and the various Catholic Irish paramilitaries.
  6. Surely that's enough justification to go to war against our natural enemy ?
  7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Did we win?
  8. Yep, we did.

John Major should have got the credit after taking over the mantle from Maggie but Blair strolled on in, took the plaundits and then gave it all away.

The IRA were militarily ground down, riddled by the intelligence agencies with informers and basically losing big time so they did the only option left, politics. They did ok once Blair came on the scene to be the saviour.

Has any mentioned that Mcguiness and Adams made a small fortune as touts?
  9. I ******* hope so,9 years against those twats,still the threat is sky high,cops don't recognise it,politicians couldnt givva toss,thank **** someone in Thiepval is still switched on
  10. They were involved, but French authorities abjectly refused to share IED intelligence with the British.
  11. Can you expand on that at all? Genuine interest, not having a dig.
  12. France was one of the few Nations not to actively engage in an informal network of ATOs across the World. Quite why I don't know, but French Terrorist capabilities were largely unknown by agencies outside France.
  13. Thanks OM - didn't know that.