Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by LongJohnSilver, Nov 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought some may be interested to know that Op Allowance is now availiable to some personnel in support of Iraq Op's whilst serving in Kuwait. Comes into effect 011107, Letter Reference doing the rounds:

Reference: SP

Date: 2 November 2007

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Divide and conquer. Why only some.
  3. I gather that it's those who had been warned to go to Iraq but for whom the plan has done gone changed (ie they had a realistic expectation of getting it already).
  4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

That is classic. So now they will have some getting the dosh sitting next to those not getting the dosh. Great morale booster.
  5. Careful there; there's only one answer to that little conundrum and nobody, except the treasury, will like it.
  6. All of this makes no sense at all. On passing through Kuwait a few months ago I happened upon a chap who had been detached from a unit in Iraq to go back and teach Blue on Blue avoidance to the yanks in Kuwaite. A temporary detachment during an Iraq tour. He was losing Op pay while he was in Kuwaite!

Its the same op and they are still living in the desert, albeit getting shot at a bit less. Which tight fisted idiot is responsible for these stupid rules.

The spams are far more pragmatic. All troops on Operation Iraqi Freedom get the full allowances, regardless of where they are in relation to the Iraq/Kuwaite border.
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Another classic own goal between the penny pinching politicians who you would expect it from and those in command who allow it to happen. Perhaps another reason to move troops back across the border to Kuwait.
  8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I was wondering what would become of this! The reasons for the kind extension:

Des Browne was hijacked by the Conservatives, and made a bit of a policy-making-on-the-hoof statement, which has now been made into reality, it would seem.
  9. Its my understanding that you will get the daily rate for the Op allowance during the RSOI package in Kuwait. If you are stationed there on duty/tour, you will not. This is what we have been briefed any how on up coming deployment.

10. And to be fair, that sounds fair.
  11. The definitive answer is:

From 01 Nov 07 if you are stationed in Camp Beuhring, the Kuwait Support Facility then you are entitled to the Operational Allowance. This will be reviewed again on 01 May 08. This is the only location outside Iraq and Afghanistan that is eligible

Simple as that. (For now :D )

Edited for muppetness :oops:
  12. Its all B@llocks. Anyone on an OP tour (easily identified by the fact that it will have the word Operation in front of its name) should qualify for the op bonus. Anyone who just happens to be posted to Kuwaite (there are a few) is already getting incredible levels of LOA and other allowances.
  13. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Not sure I would see it as fair but as OldSnowy has pointed out, Swiss Des must have changed the policy and hopefully someone at the top will point it out.

14. Hahahahahaahahahahahahaahhaaha.

You're really thick aren't you!
  15. Op FRESCO?