Opération Serval - Mali.

C'est la merde mon colonel
Those of us here of a certain age will remember Luck of the Legion in the Eagle, he would sort this out!

1623839606444.png

The swedish AF C-130 which supported TF Takuba has returned home.

The crew and support personnel received the French overseas service medal before leaving Mali.

E38lC4UWQAAm952.jpeg

An Op Barkhane operations in Niger has led to the capture of an ISGS jihadist leader who had been freed by the malian government last October.

Highly likely he will be handed over to the Niger authority to avoid another "get out of jail" card from the malians.

When this ISGS Cdr was captured he had an assault rifle, NVGs, an assault vest, a radio and a telephone. He offered no resistance.

E4BG4TZVcAIENuQ.jpeg

Member of Op Barkhane Commando Group armed with an HK 417

A good summary of recent events in Mali with mention that the USA will maintain support to France after the draw down of Barkhane

One thing I do like about the French is their pragmatism. Yeah, they'll pay off a kidnapper (but it's just business).

If I were a French citizen, I'd like to know though that if I came a cropper in parts foreign they'd hunt down who did it and kill them. I must have hung around with my Jewish and Israeli mates a bit too much.

Still a favourite moment in cinema.

When this ISGS Cdr was captured he had an assault rifle, NVGs, an assault vest, a radio and a telephone. He offered no resistance.

View attachment 582006

Member of Op Barkhane Commando Group armed with an HK 417

Killing nomadic herders and civillians is one thing.

Taking on professionals is a bit more tricky really isn't it?

Those of us here of a certain age will remember Luck of the Legion in the Eagle, he would sort this out!

View attachment 581893

Packed full of imperial hubris, huge balls explorers and faithful and treacherous tribes!

Proper risk assessment stuff!

7788230372_d639e6423f_z.jpg

He believes that you're nothing but a teasing twink and he's determined to ruin you in Society.

Google that, I double dare you.

See what comes out with those search terms

:eek:

Would you think any less of me if I told you that I have no need to Google it?

I suspect you pick your words with mischievous glee.

There are a few on this skip fire of a site who make it worth hanging around.

The future Op Barkhane commander from JUL21 on and for a year is MG Michon, a mountain infantryman, currently the CDR of FRA's 3 Division (still a Brigadier on the picture)

5-0.jpg

looks like a good read trying to find a used copy as we speak.

I know he's not to everyone's taste, but Asher knows a thing or two about the desert. It comes out very well in his writings.

According to various sources, the ISGS mastermind of the Tongo Tongo ambush in which 4 US SF NCOs were killed in 2017, Almahmoud ag Baye, a.k.a Ikarey was KIA, as well as 6 other terrorists, by French and Niger forces during an Op in Mali near Menaka last Tuesday 15 June