Opération Serval - Mali.

Another confirmation, in Spanish.

The abducted are described as "instructors and journalists" if l am nor mistaken

Some of the equipment of the 3 westerners killied in Burkina Faso

Ez-ih8iWUAA31D6.jpeg

Last edited:
No it's very common when US forces deploy with foreign units. It's a sign of brotherhood the US are fond of.
I've worked in various multi-national units and been attached to a US Op, but I've not personally been alongside US troops attached to either a French or British unit apart from once very early in my career and I've never seen anything published about that, but they weren't wearing the host nation unit's flag then. But perhaps that was before the habit developed.

I've worked in various multi-national units and been attached to a US Op, but I've not personally been alongside US troops attached to either a French or British unit apart from once very early in my career and I've never seen anything published about that, but they weren't wearing the host nation unit's flag then. But perhaps that was before the habit developed.

A YPG patch on a US SOF member in Syria.

4616.jpg

What if France Ended Operation Barkhane?​

Findings of the RAND Webinar on Operation Barkhane

Key Findings​

• Although most of the participants did not think there would be a quick or even a complete collapse of Sahelian states if France terminated Operation Barkhane, it was clear to all that there would be an increase in local violence as many communities grappled with each other and with various armed groups.
  • All participants agreed that JNIM and ISGS alike merged local conflicts and local politics with radical ideologies, which linked them to some extent to regional and even transnational agendas..
  • Many participants appeared to agree that, at least in the near term, the end of Operation Barkhane would lead to greater conflict at the local level.

Latest Threads