Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opération Serval - Mali.

Two pictures released today of the engineers' version of the Griffon which is currently being developed

EkW6pdCX0AMPW5x.jpeg
EkW6pc7WoAMoJFP.jpeg

it's the slightly cock-eyed "90" that cheers me up...

The Franco-Estonian Takuba Task Group has conducted a joint training with a Malian recce unit (ULRI) prior to join operations in the coming weeks.

ULRI .jpg

That's the way they fight over there. Swarms of fighters on motorbikes. They go from RVs to RVs in small groups and only gather to attack.

That's the way they fight over there. Swarms of fighters on motorbikes. They go from RVs to RVs in small groups and only gather to attack.

Like old fashioned loose cavalry.
It's a good way to cover large areas quickly or have a roving patrol to keep the enemy moving. It does require people with good powers of observation and discipline to be really effective.

Yes, but its French and will just be like the Mirage jet, it will never sell......ah...

...I'll get me coat....

2 Mirage 2000 C will deploy to Op Barkhane, flying alongside the Mirage 2000 D

This type wil be withdrawn from FAF service in 2022. This deployment will be the final one for the 2000 C

ElPvg8EWkAA5r7e.jpeg

2 Mirage 2000 C will deploy to Op Barkhane, flying alongside the Mirage 2000 D

This type wil be withdrawn from FAF service in 2022. This deployment will be the final one for the 2000 C

View attachment 515259
A great aircraft, though I prefer the F1 for looks.

CrazyLegs!

War Hero
We'd get a stencil and marks on the roof to show us where to cut, you mean :D

We’d line them all up on receipt, grab a section of sappers and some circular saws, then do the lot in bulk, ultra efficient, production line style.

Then realise the non-symmetrical stencils should have been held the other way round.

We’d line them all up on receipt, grab a section of sappers and some circular saws, then do the lot in bulk, ultra efficient, production line style.

Then realise the non-symmetrical stencils should have been held the other way round.

It's been done before