Oor Presidential Second Generation Walt

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Jul 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [FONT=&quot]The Supreme Court just declared unconstitutional the Stolen Valor Act, a law that made it a crime for a person to falsely claim, orally or in writing to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the Armed Forces of the United States.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    But, I guess it's always been OK to lie about about your father having served in a war, like The Great One does in this speech.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Here is an 18 second video CNN News clip:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Obama says his father served in World War II - YouTube[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Barack Hussein Obama Sr. (His father) was born 4/4/36 and died: 11/24/82 at the age of 46. He was 5 years old when WW II started, and 9 1/2 yrs old when it ended.

Lolo Soetoro (His step father) was born 1/2/35 and died 3/2/87 at the age of 52.

He was 6 years old when WW II started, and 10 years old when it ended.

I wonder why no reporters checked His statements or called Him on it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stanley Armour Durham would be his father in this case?
  3. JJJ: I'd rather like to hear more about the reasoning for suspending(?) the Stolen Valor Act, and the consequences of it, and less about Obama, who, within that weird thing called American Politics, generally appears to do a better job of not screwing both you and the rest of us compared the shaved chimp you previously "elected".
  4. Based on what exactly? What exactly are your compare and contrast criteria?
  5. I'd not get too excited with your "vetting" there, this is rather different from LBJ very dubiously claiming to have flown in combat or a former Capt. Reagan in confused moments calling John Glenn a "cellolid hero" and misremembering having liberated the concentration camps. We also had Hills Clinton "misspeaking" about having flown into the Balkans under fire, like some pissed up teenager. Walting behavior amongst US statespersons is rather common.

Snopes reckons Barry probably meant grandfather, Stanley Armour Durham, who at one point in his colorful childhood functioned as his father. He enlisted after Pearl Harbor and served in the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation and was deployed to France six weeks after D-Day. Sounds an honorable enough record to me.

It's a bit of an odd slip for a law prof who has written so much about his family background, but then we all know that was all ghosted by Bill Ayers or Osama Bin Laden and the Stealth Muslim wealth spreader is a low IQ, functionally illiterate Mau Mau member.

I can't really get the outrage bus started, it's probably just what a staffer scripted.

Incidentally I'd not really call Ronnie a Walt, he did fly a desk in the USAAF movie unit, but he does seem to have been traumatized by footage of Belsen he processed as an intelligence officer. The poor man was in approaching his dotage proper and even younger men garble facts.
  6. Perhaps he meant his father's Massa was in the war :wink:
  7. The SVA decision was already discussed in another thread. This is all about politics unfortunately which is why I posted it in the US forum.
  8. Dunham enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army on January 18, 1942, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and served in the European Theatre of World War II with the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation. During D-Day, this unit helped to support the 9th Air Force. Stanley and his brother Ralph were deployed to France six weeks after D-Day.[SUP][10][/SUP] Before the Invasion of Normandy, the Dunham's once met accidentally as Stanley went in search of rations at Hotel Russell in London, where his sibling Ralph happened to be staying.[SUP][10][/SUP] Madelyn gave birth to a daughter they named Stanley Ann, who was later known as Ann, at St. Francis Hospital in Wichita on November 29, 1942. During the war, Madelyn Dunham worked on a Boeing B-29 assembly line in Wichita.
  9. My real point is not as to His lineage, murky and irrelevant as it is.

It is rather that our "press" has completely forfeited its privileged role under our Constitution as is crystal clear if one does even a modicum of research as to the veritable gauntlet of investigative (and at times wholly false and partisan as in the case of the forged documents of alleged misconduct of the evil GWB while in the Air National Guard and the total lack of investigation into the facially false claims of Kerry as to his Vietnam "service" that we only brought to light by veteran's organizations that were themselves vilified unjustly by the very same "press" that failed in its journalistic duty).
  10. This video is four ******* years old. Even the Snopes response is 2 years old:

snopes.com: Fortunate Grandson

Is this what you've had had to resort to now that you've got an empty suit with the charm of a white and crumbly dog's egg running against him?
  11. I was going to post a lengthier reply, but instead you're going to get the one this post deserves:

12. fu2

fu2 LE

The press in America is on par with the press in N Korea. They follow the goverment line. Where was the press with WMD and the financiall crash?
  13. Apart from being a sentient humanbeing? Hailing from, and living in the country currently topping the wiki list of the Human Development Index.
  14. Whilst I tend towards the line that politicos will embroider the truth to help their cause, and agree with you that politics, US or otherwise, are a weird thing. I have a pertinent question for you; you are free and easy with insulting politicos, which is a good thing, would you refer to the current incumbent of the White House as a,

'Shaved chimp'?

If you did how long before the race police, and the MODs, deleted the thread and had strong words with you?
  15. Stand down, it was a white chimp he referred to...