OOPS another Cameron Conservative Cast iron guarantee rusted

Command_doh said:
Did this come straight from Number 10? You do know you have lost the next election, right?
Scoob's is a UKIPer....

UKIP - the BNP without the nasty racism!

Oh no - that would be a party without policies and principles.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Scoob has a point - I'll be voting Conservative at the next election but my enthusiasm is for sticking Labour in the dustbin, since this country would not survive a fourth Labour term, rather than for employing DC and his crew. That said, I'm surprised that UKIP supporters are prepared to chance Gordon's return, just to register a protest vote.

Vote Tory!

IMO, after CallMeDave has gotten them into No10 by being the 'Cuddly Party', Boris Johnson will make a power play for the top job.

Oil_Slick said:
Vote Tory!

IMO, after CallMeDave has gotten them into No10 by being the 'Cuddly Party', Boris Johnson will make a power play for the top job.
I reckon Boris is our only real hope. Which is scary, isn't it?

Oil_Slick said:
Vote Tory!

In that case get him in now - he must be a better vote winner than DC.

Or Haig

Or even IDS

I cannot stand Cameron, and am only considering voting for him as an act of kindness to Gordon Brown. Bojo or Haig I would actually be happy to vote for.

bigpod said:
Can you imagine PMQ's six months after the next election - Boris vs Mandelson. How much more entertaining that would be!

Boris would chew him up and spit him out. Boris may play the buffoon in public to disarm people, but he's a consumate politician with a mind as sharp as razors.

Can I interrupt the Tory Love In with a point?

So far, when Dave has gone firm on Policy it has turned round and bitten him in the arrse. Even Georgie Boys much vaunted round of spending cuts have - at best estimate - saved £5 Billion. Quite rightly being pointed out as not enough whern the economy is in the sh1tter.

It isn't enough to say "we will have an emergency budget within two months of getting in to power". That smacks of "That's when we will really stick it to the Public Services" - jeebus there are enough economists out there - of the Liberal persuasion I grant you - who are saying that if the Tories do what the economists THINK they want to do it will guarantee a double dip recession. Policy is something that will win elections. We were all taken in by a policy free shyster in '97, it's too soon to let it happen again.

Dave's nightmare is a hung parliament - if Lib / Lab get it together on PR it will guarantee a Left of Centre coalition in this country for the next 100 years or until we all die of Global Warming, whichever happens first.

So, Dave and your fellow tories, grow a set and lets have some Policy. Personality will only get you so far......

cometh the hour cometh the man
Boris the new churchill :twisted:

problem is this country wants swedens level of services with the US level of tax :(

people think we have swedens level of tax
with us levels of publice services :x

FORMER_FYRDMAN said:
Scoob has a point - I'll be voting Conservative at the next election but my enthusiasm is for sticking Labour in the dustbin, since this country would not survive a fourth Labour term, rather than for employing DC and his crew. That said, I'm surprised that UKIP supporters are prepared to chance Gordon's return, just to register a protest vote.
I intend to vote UKIP.
As it stands now, I will do so because I do not want to be part of a united europe.
As for a fourth Labour term destroying the country, I'm not remotely convinced Cameron is going to do much better.
I'll chance Gordon's return on the basis tha Cameron isn't man enough for the job of putting this country right. I don't believe Cameron will improve my lot very much at all.
The only possible way to bring this country back on track financially is massive cuts in the public sector (like 25% plus), the knock on from that is unemployment on a massive scale. Guess which suckers are going to have to foot the bill for that?
Guess which suckers are going to have to repay the incredible debt this country is in? Thats going to happen regardless of ho gets in.
Brown will impose the same spending cuts Cameron will, he has no choice.
The price I will have to pay is going to be the same under a Conservative or Labour government.
The only thing I like about Cameron is his ethos of small government, sadly that alone isn't enough to make me vote for him.

Cameron has little to offer, so I won't be voting for him unless he gets a grip on some serious issues.

MrShanklysboots said:

So far, when Dave has gone firm on Policy it has turned round and bitten him in the arrse. .
Or stolen by Labour as a good idea.

brighton hippy said:
problem is this country wants swedens level of services with the US level of tax :(

You know, for someone who normally talks complete and utter shite, that is a remarkably astute observation.

brighton hippy said:
cometh the hour cometh the man
Boris the new churchill :twisted:

What a load of utter garbage.

The current level of taxation would be perfectly acceptable if we actually benefitted from it. Instead of which, hundreds of billions in tax receipts are spunked away on things that achieve the square root of fcuk all.

I would rather pay far more tax, and live like the Swedes, or far less tax and live like the Yanks, than the current diabolical system.

drain_sniffer said:
MrShanklysboots said:

So far, when Dave has gone firm on Policy it has turned round and bitten him in the arrse. .
Or stolen by Labour as a good idea.
Shabite - I should have made that point - fair one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 32
Biscuits_Brown Current Affairs, News and Analysis 25
Legs The Intelligence Cell 11