OOPS another Cameron Conservative Cast iron guarantee rusted

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scoobish, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Did this come straight from Number 10? You do know you have lost the next election, right?

2. Folk tell me it's the Tory's Election to lose.
    I do think that Dave is the man to do it.
    john

3. Scoob's is a UKIPer....

4. He is a politician after all so personally I take everything they say with a large pinch of salt

5. UKIP - the BNP without the nasty racism!

Oh no - that would be a party without policies and principles.

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Scoob has a point - I'll be voting Conservative at the next election but my enthusiasm is for sticking Labour in the dustbin, since this country would not survive a fourth Labour term, rather than for employing DC and his crew. That said, I'm surprised that UKIP supporters are prepared to chance Gordon's return, just to register a protest vote.

7. Vote Tory!

IMO, after CallMeDave has gotten them into No10 by being the 'Cuddly Party', Boris Johnson will make a power play for the top job.

8. I reckon Boris is our only real hope. Which is scary, isn't it?

9. Vote for Labour! Let them get us out of the crap they have got us into.

10. In that case get him in now - he must be a better vote winner than DC.

Or Haig

Or even IDS

I cannot stand Cameron, and am only considering voting for him as an act of kindness to Gordon Brown. Bojo or Haig I would actually be happy to vote for.

11. Can you imagine PMQ's six months after the next election - Boris vs Mandelson. How much more entertaining that would be!

12. Boris would chew him up and spit him out. Boris may play the buffoon in public to disarm people, but he's a consumate politician with a mind as sharp as razors.

13. Can I interrupt the Tory Love In with a point?

So far, when Dave has gone firm on Policy it has turned round and bitten him in the arrse. Even Georgie Boys much vaunted round of spending cuts have - at best estimate - saved £5 Billion. Quite rightly being pointed out as not enough whern the economy is in the sh1tter.

It isn't enough to say "we will have an emergency budget within two months of getting in to power". That smacks of "That's when we will really stick it to the Public Services" - jeebus there are enough economists out there - of the Liberal persuasion I grant you - who are saying that if the Tories do what the economists THINK they want to do it will guarantee a double dip recession. Policy is something that will win elections. We were all taken in by a policy free shyster in '97, it's too soon to let it happen again.

Dave's nightmare is a hung parliament - if Lib / Lab get it together on PR it will guarantee a Left of Centre coalition in this country for the next 100 years or until we all die of Global Warming, whichever happens first.

So, Dave and your fellow tories, grow a set and lets have some Policy. Personality will only get you so far......

14. cometh the hour cometh the man
    Boris the new churchill :twisted:

problem is this country wants swedens level of services with the US level of tax :(

people think we have swedens level of tax
    with us levels of publice services :x