Ooor oil?

It disna seem ta be oooor oil the nooo Jimmy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-30817678

Scotland's first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has meanwhile written to the prime minister, David Cameron, to demand cuts in North Sea oil production taxes and new incentives for exploration before the UK budget.

Ms Sturgeon said "urgent action" was required to support the industry through a period of low oil prices.

Sweaty cnuts.

Not the same oil that was going to make Scotland the wealthiest nation on earth? Not that oil surely?

latest_zpsvsjhrpyr.jpeg

sguyw

LE
Not the same oil that was going to make Scotland the wealthiest nation on earth? Not that oil surely?
Yep, that oil. Wish they had voted Yes. I would be pissing my self laughing at the crying that they would becoming out with about needing help from the Evil Eeeeeeeenglish.

On another feel good related subject, BP are laying off 300 of their staff because of the drop in oil prices- result!

And I get to pay less for petrol.

Winner.

sguyw

LE
Cheap petrol and a few ungrateful Porridge Wogs on the dole at the same time, fucking result :)

I know things can change , But as I just got a fill of heating oil for next to nothing compared to last year,
at this point in time I couldn't give a **** about the Jocks and the oil.

My heart bleeds for the oil companies I think not! They are the most mercenary robbing ******* in the world well up there with the banks and the rest of them. Every year you read about the billions that oil companies have made in profit.

Times are bad? Tighten your belts the same as the rest of us. You'll get over it and will be back to shafting consumers in no time at all when the Saudi's etc decide to cause prices to rise again.

Watch the apologists appear on here now to justify them.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I can"t point to a single time in the last 50 years where I gave a **** about the Jocks or our oil.

I sort of gave up on the Jocks when they fucked up at Culloden. Bunch of tits. And its is our oil. Not theirs. Damned shame the Lying Scotsman Salmon did not get his way in the referendum.

How can the oil companies have been making Billions in profit for years and then after a few months of deflated prices are crying poverty. A bit like building companies when house buying dropped off for a few years.

Their much vaunted private sector business plan is obviously a crock of shite. Doesn't take them long to come crying to the tax payer for subsidies and breaks and then dodge their taxes when they are creaming it in.

Wets.

Right, stop this! It has gone far enough. More than that, @Glasgow_Jock doesn't like it and he thinks it's 'Old'.

My heart bleeds for the oil companies I think not! They are the most mercenary robbing ******* in the world well up there with the banks and the rest of them. Every year you read about the billions that oil companies have made in profit.

Times are bad? Tighten your belts the same as the rest of us. You'll get over it and will be back to shafting consumers in no time at all when the Saudi's etc decide to cause prices to rise again.

Watch the apologists appear on here now to justify them.

You do realise that most of what you pay at the pumps is tax?

A quick google found this although it only goes to 2011. It gives you a flavour of what they generally make.

lnB1ewd.png

Note the dip in 2009 a few years ago. I don't recall prices dropping although I might just have a bad memory?

The last time my fuel was so cheap was when I was nicking jerry cans from the MT and on some memorable occasions, blatently filling up from the pumps. Between that and robbing kit from the QMs I'm surprised I had time to drink brews all day and fcuk off on long weekends. Cheers easy.

Latest Threads