Oooh the Leaders debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppet

War Hero
Corbyn has just finished, went down very well with the audience.
Gave straight, honest answers.
Looking forward to watching Johnson at 2030...
I think Corbyn is playing the game a lot better than Johnson.

I still could not vote for the little ratweasel, especially with Abbott and McDonnell behind him.

Corbyn had a couple of initial searching question, then got a nice sloppy nosh-off from the audience for the rest of it.

Crankie is getting a very easy ride, not being pushed on any of her answers.

Swinson will just make shit up because she can, and Boris will be heckled for half an hour.

I thought that format was much better than the silly “head-to-head” thing. And I thought that the questions were fair enough and that there did seem a fairly even spread of support- it’s just that the lefties are more prone to shoutiness and dribbling on.
All the leaders had difficult moments- they’ve all got well flagged-up chinks in their armour. I found the silence which greeted Swinson’s brag about having stopped Brexit since March quite interesting.

I thought that format was much better than the silly “head-to-head” thing. And I thought that the questions were fair enough and that there did seem a fairly even spread of support- it’s just that the lefties are more prone to shoutiness and dribbling on.
All the leaders had difficult moments- they’ve all got well flagged-up chinks in their armour. I found the silence which greeted Swinson’s brag about having stopped Brexit since March quite interesting.
I think Swinson has a bit of a 'like ability' issue. Speaking to friends, colleagues, etc people seem not to warm to her, but not to be able to say exactly why. She comes across to me as patronising and 'woman-splaining'.
Re. Brexit, I think the Libs (and many MPs generally) have mistaken the MSM and Westminster mood with that of the country. Big mistake.
Off topic a bit but yesterday, a colleague told me that both she and her ex-miner father were going to vote for Boris. This is in the Rhondda, which has been Labour territory since God was a corporal. I am hoping that a lot of the MPs get a shock in three weeks time.

tgo

Old-Salt
Corbyn had a couple of initial searching question, then got a nice sloppy nosh-off from the audience for the rest of it.

Crankie is getting a very easy ride, not being pushed on any of her answers.

Swinson will just make shit up because she can, and Boris will be heckled for half an hour.
Yes you weren't wrong.

IMHO Corbyn will be gone within the year whatever happens.

Momentum and the other hard liners are shit scared over the losses of Labour heartlands due to their supporters who were ignored over Brexit., plus filling your shadow cabinet with x amount of Muslims - in order to cultivate the Muslim vote - and who first duty is to their faith hence the blatant anti semitism that does infected the party is also not a good move and a turn off for the traditional 'Arthur Grimshaw' type labour voters.

We can all speculate and say what we like, but we'll all find out in a few weeks eh?

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think Swinson has a bit of a 'like ability' issue. Speaking to friends, colleagues, etc people seem not to warm to her, but not to be able to say exactly why. She comes across to me as patronising and 'woman-splaining'.
Re. Brexit, I think the Libs (and many MPs generally) have mistaken the MSM and Westminster mood with that of the country. Big mistake.
Off topic a bit but yesterday, a colleague told me that both she and her ex-miner father were going to vote for Boris. This is in the Rhondda, which has been Labour territory since God was a corporal. I am hoping that a lot of the MPs get a shock in three weeks time.
I'm sure there's a right-on primary school somewhere that would welcome her unique talents and stretch her professionally.

Whatever happened to the would-be murderers, alcoholics, paedos and religious fanatics that traditionally make up the Liberal leadership cadre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads