Oooh the Leaders debate...

Twitter poll favours Corbyn oddly enough. (later updated I think to almost even)
Next up at 10pm, Jo Swinson , Nicola Sturgeon, Nigel Farage, Sian Berry with Nina Hossain.

Last edited:
Had the thread had a poll, I suspect very few would have registered much interest in changing their intended vote

Not a great one for these things. Will record the other two later and watch over brekkies.

And I have never heard of a cancer patient 8 hours from death being in a state to go into a and e, mostly at that point they are hooked up to painkillers and not mobile. In fact the only reasons would be an unexpected drug reaction or similar...and you ain't making videos after one of those!
That is a scurrilous implication you are bandying about there. Dear Leader would never make a thing like that up.

What Dear Leader didn‘t tell us was that his dear departed friend with 8 hour breast cancer went to A&E straight from her 24 hour shift in her underpaid zero hours job at the foundry - walked 8 miles uphill to A&E in freezing fog and monsoon rain because she couldn’t even afford the bus fare.

That is a scurrilous implication you are bandying about there. Dear Leader would never make a thing like that up.

What Dear Leader didn‘t tell us was that his dear departed friend with 8 hour breast cancer went to A&E straight from her 24 hour shift in her underpaid zero hours job at the foundry - walked 8 miles uphill to A&E in freezing fog and monsoon rain because she couldn’t even afford the bus fare.
And she were lucky.

That’s what I thought. If someone’s that ill surely they’d be on end of life palliative care at home or in a hospice?
Not necessarily.

She may have been neutropenic due to her chemotherapy and got an infection.

Patients like that can be walking around perfectly well one day (relatively speaking), and at deaths door the next.

I’m not saying that’s the case here, but it does happen quite a lot.

Not necessarily.

Patients like that can be walking around perfectly well one day (relatively speaking), and at deaths door the next.

However they are known as at risk and will not be in a&e long! In fact most will go direct to ward!

That’s what I thought. If someone’s that ill surely they’d be on end of life palliative care at home or in a hospice?

well, let’s ask Mrs PhotEx who does end of life care.

she’d probably be on a morphine driver in her last week if terminal, and no, she wouldnt unplug her and drive her to A&E if she went into distress.
dial 999, keep her comfortable, and let nature take its inevitable and final course

anglo

LE
Not necessarily.

In that case cancer didn't kill them

I'm pretty sure that certain 'journalists' will get to the bottom of this and amaze us with their findings.

Twitter poll favours Corbyn oddly enough. (later updated I think to almost even)
Next up at 10pm, Jo Swinson , Nicola Sturgeon, Nigel Farage, Sian Berry with Nina Hossain.
Not really surprising. That 30s per-answer format is nothing more than TV-twatter.
With predictable questions, he who is fed, and spouts, the pat answers is always going to look better to those who have an attention span (and commensurate intelligence) of a gnat.

Johnson kept being interrupted because he was going outside the time allocated or kept side stepping the question asked and turning it into a brexit answer.

Johnson has no intellectual depth, blusters because he has the inability to think on his feet.

Not necessarily.

Would it be wise for someone with suppressed immune levels to hang around in a (presumably) packed ED waiting room?

The debate is being discussed By Professor John Curtis and Iain Dale on LBC.

Ian Dale is a non-tribal Tory.

As a lefty, i wish there were more like him; the American style partisanship crap is getting out of ha d.

I was glad to see TC Johnson and Jezza shaking hands, too, we need a bit of civility in politics.

Latest Threads