oooh bugger

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, Jun 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. No doubt the government will find a way of taxing us out of it.....
  3. Awesome! Anybody want to go halves on installing ski lifts on the Brecon Beacons?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gordon 'The Failed Oaf' Brown said there was global warming and raised taxes to combat this - in view of 'Clown' Brown's stated opinion, I am utterly convinced that an Ice Age will arrive.
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

So global warming is akin to Iraq's WMD's! Who is going to "commit suicide" over this?
  6. It makes me laugh that all these bloody solar physicists can trace records of global sunspots back to the 17th century, but the MOD records office can't trace some soldiers' service history as recently as 60 years ago.
  7. The old and bold that done Norway will feel right at home
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Michael O'Leary. Ryan Air Boss, talking to the Independent
    • Like Like x 2
  9. That's good,I can get a bit more use out of the Snow Shovel I bought at B & Q. ;-)
  10. So does this mean global warming is cancelled?? Do i need to wriggle out of the contract i signed for bikini's made from old tents?
  11. HHH

HHH LE

You're just teasing us, with that thought!!:)
  12. Zen

Gas and electric companies must be leaping for joy at that little nugget of information.
  13. As per usual O'Leary talks shite. Firstly, Galileo wasn't put through the wringer by the 'scientific community', there wasn't one at the time for starters, he was done by the church. In modern times substitute politicians for the church and you have a similar comparison. Secondly it was nothing to do with Flat Earth, it was down to the primacy of the Earth's position in the universe. Thirdly, chaotic processes average out over time and become predictable, which is why climate scientists talk about temperature changes over time, not the absolute temperatures. You can't say that it will be at 31.5 C at 12:00 noon 18 Jun 2050 in Trafalger Square, but you could say that the average temperature in the UK might be 0.5 deg C higher than it was this year (both figures just pulled out of the air as part of a description, don't hold me to them).