Ooh, I may be about to be sued...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by auscam, Jul 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bear with me here...

Last Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald 'Good Weekend' magazine featured an article about walkers dying on the Kokoda Track. One of the individuals running Track tours is apparently 'a former major in the Australian Army' who was photographed wearing khakis and a slouch hat...with the puggaree upside down! Cue suggestive email from me to SMH, which I promptly forgot about.

Tomorrow my waltogram will be printed in the SMH, despite it being, quote, 'legally contentious', according to the journo who 'phoned me a couple of hours ago. What is the correct drill in this situation? Am I doomed?

(I would have put this in a 'walt thread' but couldn't find one)
  2. Depends what a "pugeree" is.

Is it near the pudenda ?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If the former major was standing on his feet, then he was indeed upside down.
  4. It is if the wearer is a cnut... :twisted:
  5. No, it's you lot who are upside down. And call me Loretta.
  6. Loved that Old Song Sheila - Walt-zing Matilda 8)
  7. Clever pants, I didn't think of that!
  8. The journo will carry the can. If they didn't do their research properly it's their fault.
  9. That's what I thought; even so, I can't muster any concern about being sued by a walt. ISTR seeing an ARRSE mention of an Australian organisation which exposes impersonators, can't recall the name tho'.
  10. Its called the Australian Cricket Union and they are investigating 15 or 16 Aussies who are in England wearing little green bonnets and dress in white pretending to be a certain type of sportman :D
  11. The first bloke to take off the head of his opposition's lawyer on the court house steps using a sharpened shovel, then shoot his own lawyer in the face, will set the cause of justice forward a hundred years.
  12. You are in Australia,and have convicts for ancestors,so none of us really care.
  13. If all you did was say that the guy had his hat band on upside down I don't see what the problem was.
  14. Does Australia matter?