• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ooh, I may be about to be sued...

#1
Bear with me here...

Last Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald 'Good Weekend' magazine featured an article about walkers dying on the Kokoda Track. One of the individuals running Track tours is apparently 'a former major in the Australian Army' who was photographed wearing khakis and a slouch hat...with the puggaree upside down! Cue suggestive email from me to SMH, which I promptly forgot about.

Tomorrow my waltogram will be printed in the SMH, despite it being, quote, 'legally contentious', according to the journo who 'phoned me a couple of hours ago. What is the correct drill in this situation? Am I doomed?

(I would have put this in a 'walt thread' but couldn't find one)
 
#9
milsum said:
The journo will carry the can. If they didn't do their research properly it's their fault.
That's what I thought; even so, I can't muster any concern about being sued by a walt. ISTR seeing an ARRSE mention of an Australian organisation which exposes impersonators, can't recall the name tho'.
 
#10
auscam said:
milsum said:
The journo will carry the can. If they didn't do their research properly it's their fault.
That's what I thought; even so, I can't muster any concern about being sued by a walt. ISTR seeing an ARRSE mention of an Australian organisation which exposes impersonators, can't recall the name tho'.
Its called the Australian Cricket Union and they are investigating 15 or 16 Aussies who are in England wearing little green bonnets and dress in white pretending to be a certain type of sportman :D
 
#12
The first bloke to take off the head of his opposition's lawyer on the court house steps using a sharpened shovel, then shoot his own lawyer in the face, will set the cause of justice forward a hundred years.
 
#16
Markintime said:
If all you did was say that the guy had his hat band on upside down I don't see what the problem was.
Is that what it is? I was playing with all sorts of possibilities. Among others, the verb "to puggar"; with one person being the "puggar" and another the "pugaree". Sort of. :)

MsG
 
#17
vvaannmmaann said:
You are in Australia,and have convicts for ancestors,so none of us really care.
I take umbrage with that, being a native of the fair (if boring) state of South Australia which was the only State not founded as a penal colony but purely settlers :evil:
 
#18
MaddAussie said:
vvaannmmaann said:
You are in Australia,and have convicts for ancestors,so none of us really care.
I take umbrage with that, being a native of the fair (if boring) state of South Australia which was the only State not founded as a penal colony but purely settlers :evil:
We still dont care
 
#20
auscam said:
Bear with me here...

Last Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald 'Good Weekend' magazine featured an article about walkers dying on the Kokoda Track. One of the individuals running Track tours is apparently 'a former major in the Australian Army' who was photographed wearing khakis and a slouch hat...with the puggaree upside down! Cue suggestive email from me to SMH, which I promptly forgot about.

Tomorrow my waltogram will be printed in the SMH, despite it being, quote, 'legally contentious', according to the journo who 'phoned me a couple of hours ago. What is the correct drill in this situation? Am I doomed?

(I would have put this in a 'walt thread' but couldn't find one)
don't worry mate, chances are you'll be lucky and they'll just transport you back to your spiritual home

a nice council house in merthyr'll sort you out
me n harvey'll meet you off the boat & settle you back in
:twisted:
 

Latest Threads