OOA Roles which ODP's are currently involved in

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Ghandi's Flip-Flop, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm have an impending interview to possible become a sideways stepping, light blue ODP.

I have had no problem finding information on the normal NHS role and the course at BCU. However I am having real difficulty in finding non contradictory information on the current OOA roles which ODP's are currently undertaking.

Depending on where I look I can read that they are utilised as part of MERT(E) and Aeromed, but then the next thing I read contradicts this.

I appreciate that as this is for an interview, as a result I'd rather be pointed in the correct direction as to where to look rather than simply being told the information. If any one could be of assistance I'd be extremely gratefull.
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Not aware of RAF ODPs doing anything OOA other than working in theatres. Never seen or heard of any on MERT, and have never heard of ODPs being involved in aeromed. They certainly do not do the aeromed course. I cannot think of anything an ODP could do that isn't already done by FNs, FPs and FNAs - except whinge about how much agency work they are missing by deploying...

Why not contact TMW and ask?

3. Ghandi's Flip, have you tried contacting one of your 'light blue' ODP colleagues and asking that very question?????