Ontario Terrorism

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DavidBOC, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of interesting articles on the CBC website about terrorism suspects arrested in Ontario. It appears that the RCMP have arrested three Canadians: Misbahuddin Ahmed, Hiva Alizadeh, and Khurram Sher.

CBC News - Ottawa - Alleged terrorism plot targeted Canada

It appears that Khurram Sher is a pathologist at St Thomas Elgin Hospital, south of London. Based on the YouTube clips I have seen he cannot rely on income from singing, worst audition I have ever seen.

CBC News - Montreal - McGill grad charged in terrorism plot

YouTube - Terrorist Khuram Sher was on Canadian Idol season 6

One wonders if the arrests are timed due to concerns of activity around the upcoming sentencing of the "Toronto 18"
  2. I find that someone has actually plumbed the depths, and actually made an Avril Lavigne song even worse. I didn't think that was possible.
  3. What is surprising and, to me, encouraging is my discovery that there is someone who sings worse than I do. Of course I never sing. When my son was little and I would try to sing kids songs to him his response was "Daddy, STOP"

Back on thread, looks like the RCMP/GRC are looking for one more in the cell/group. Scary for my neighbors to the north. I have friends and wonderful God-kids in Ontario.
  4. Not really that shocking given the open door immigration policies and carte blanche we give people when they are in this country, I'm still amazed there's no more uproar over the Tamil ships that came here.
  5. Thank God! They let me in and I'm a Brit!!!
  6. Well, it's the place to hide. I have a branch of the family in and around London, Ont. Once you step outside the town limits you're in true shit-kicker country. Nothing but cows and corn.

On the upside it would appear that he was a better singer than a terrorist.
  7. Yeah, honestly I question weather we have outstanding police or terrible terrorists
  8. That, sir, is a vile accuracy! I lived in Canada's answer to Royston Vasey: Norfolk County - 70,000 people and only 3 surnames.
  9. I have a couple of friends that work in the Anti-Terrorist Unit for CSIS, who say, "most people in Canada can't get past the Toronto 18 and now the Ottawa 3, for us it's the 22, the 34, and possibly the 70th that are out there that we don't know too much about that worry us".
  10. It's just as bad up in Simcoe County although, in Tiny Township, there are 4 surnames... :) :)
  11. Bad? There's a lot to be said for being able to drive 20 minutes and not see the lights from a town, and being able to have a whole lake to yourself. What do I know though, I'm just a small town boy from the best place on earth (that'd be BC for those who are curious).
  12. I must admit, it's hard to beat a Balm Beach sunset...
  13. ...... as you sit by the shore and watch the fish dissolve. ;)
  14. Surely the currents would take the discharge from Bruce Point towards Sarnia?